I found 'em on U-Tube!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found 'em on U-Tube!

Here's what they used to do on Saturday nights. Cast, from left to right, is Jim (Solsticefun), Bob (1956NY150), Matt (Pumpkin) in the middle, Ed (66Fury), and Allen (CSTMWGN) on the right.

The Ventures playing 'Driving Guitars' at The Birchmere, Alexandria, Virginia Thursday April 26, 2007Don Wilson--Rhythm GuitarNokie Edwards--Lead GuitarLeon ...
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Re: I found 'em on U-Tube!

Ed, I didn't realize you were a fan.

The wagon doesn't leave the garage without 3 of their CDs in the rack.

You will have to bring a beer(s) and a chair and we can have a mini concern one night in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
      Ed, I didn't realize you were a fan.

The wagon doesn't leave the garage without 3 of their CDs in the rack.

You will have to bring a beer(s) and a chair and we can have a mini concern one night in the parking lot.
      I have been a fan since 1961 or 1962........that sounds like a wonderful idea! Maybe more than one night. ;)
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

wasn't there a vocal song on the b side of a 45
        can't remember the song title but I liked it back when I had a memory
        who sang it
        2007 Power Tour Long Haul
        2008 Power Tour Long Haul
        2009 Canadian Points East Tour
        2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
        2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
        2012 Power Tour Long Haul
        2012 Northeast Rod Run
        2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

I see Ed finally added the fifth member and put Matt on the Drums ...
          :D

Classic lineup of the Ventures in Japan in 1965 (left to right):
          Don Wilson, Mel Taylor, Nokie Edwards, Bob Bogle

"The Ventures have released hundreds of albums beginning with Walk Don't Run (1960) and with over 110 million albums sold worldwide, the group remains the best selling instrumental rock group of all time.
          38 Ventures albums (including a seasonal Christmas album) charted in the US, and six of fourteen chart singles made it into the Top 40, with three making it into the Top 10. Of their 38 chart albums, 34 of them occurred in the 1960s, and The Ventures rank as the 6th best pop album performer for that decade"

My favorite:

Comment

Yah, it was a toss up between you and Matt, Steve. The footage was a little fuzzy........ fun stuff. ;D
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

The Ventures performing the Hawaii Five-O Theme in this classic 1968 clip.

The Ventures performing the Hawaii five 0 theme in this classic 1968 clip. 2008 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees!Enjoy!

Wipe Out with Guest, Max Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                Yah, it was a toss up between you and Matt, Steve. The footage was a little fuzzy........ ;D
                As are some nights on PT ;). Good stuff Ed.
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

The Champs - "Tequila"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The Champs were a rock and roll band, most famous for their Latin-tinged instrumental "Tequila." Formed by studio executives at Gene Autry's Challenge Records to record a B-Side for the Dave Burgess (aka Dave Dupree) single, the intended throwaway track became more famous than its A-Side, "Train to Nowhere". "Tequila" went to No. 1 in just three weeks and the band became the first group to go to the top spot with an instrumental that was their first release The song was recorded at Gold Star Studios in 1958, and in 1959 won the Grammy Award for Best Rhythm & Blues Recording.

"Tequila!" was written and sung by the saxophone player Danny Flores, although he was credited as Chuck Rio because he was under contract to another record label at the time. Flores, who died in September 2006, was known as the "Godfather of Latino rock. Flores' "dirty sax" and his joyous hollering of "Tequila!" are the hallmarks of the song.Flores signed away the U.S. rights to the song but retained world-wide rights until his death.

Comment

Mason Williams, "Classical Gas" is an all time favourite instrumental.

Album: Hand MadeArtist: Mason WilliamsFrom vinyl this 1970 release by guitarist Mason Williams, "Classical Gas" is an all time favourite instrumental.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster

Album: Hand MadeArtist: Mason WilliamsFrom vinyl this 1970 release by guitarist Mason Williams, "Classical Gas" is an all time favourite instrumental.
                      Thanks Steve, I'd forgot all about that piece of music. Listening to it right now.

Matt

Comment

The Spotnicks - "Johnny Guitar"

Comment

Johann Pachelbel's Canon, written in or around 1680, with a modern twist. At the 4:11 mark the guy playing it stops to check his place to a recording of it playing in the background. This guy has skills.

Check out our Christmas special here: https://www.facebook.com/jamielewismoney/videos/500023768345012More music, guitar, drums, BASS and raps coming your way...

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                            Originally posted by White Monster

Thanks Steve, I'd forgot all about that piece of music. Listening to it right now.

Pick up "the Mason Williams Reading Matter" for a quick fun read.
                            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

This is really more my style and I actually remember watching this show live in 1967 !
                              :D

CAUTION: the phsycodelic sounds and light show may cause flash-backs !!!

Jefferson Airplane performing live on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.
                              "White Rabbit" and "Somebody to Love"

Jefferson Airplane performing live BOTH WHITE RABBIT AND SOMEBODY TO LOVE on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour!FAR OUT!check this out http://www.starterupste...

Comment

Working...
                              X