MAXTON - 2010 Event Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAXTON - 2010 Event Schedule

Well, next years ECTA 2010 Event Schedule has been established, and I'd like to see
    a lot more Freaks coming out for this great Land Speed Racing event.

2010 Event Schedule:
    April 10-11
    May 22-23
    June 26-27
    Sept 25-26
    Oct 30-31

.. time to start planning and getting ready.

Don't forget that the April meet is also the Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge,
    and we are sure to see Bob running his sweet 1956 Chevy again. Come cheer him on !!

See you all there !!
    ;D

Re: MAXTON - 2010 Event Schedule

Will try to see about April, but the job situation and pay needs to get a whole lot better or there might not even be a PT trip in our budget! :P

Where does everyone stay Steve? And what would be the closest airport?

Linda 8)

Comment

LOL !
      Well ... since we race at the Laurinburg/Maxton airport, I'd say the Laurinburg/Maxton airport is the closest (but it is a small community one).

Most people stay at the Pine Acres Lodge, but there are quite a few more close by.

Laurinburg/Maxton Army Airbase was built in 1942 as a training base for gliders. The plan then was to silently send troops past enemy lines during the invasion at Normandy. Tucked away in the Carolina pines was an isolated location perfect for such training during World War II.

There are three original runways at Maxton (short for Laurinburg/Maxton). Two are still in use by the airport. The third, however, was abandoned in the 1960s, as three runways were more than the community needed. This is what we race on.
      ;D

Get more information here -> http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

Comment

We'll be there in April. Hopefully staying at the Pine Acres.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

hummm, another weekend of car stuff to take up my time. :
          looks like i'll be doing something in april after all 8)
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
            hummm, another weekend of car stuff to take up my time. :
            looks like i'll be doing something in april after all 8)
            You'll dig it Bruce, but beware, it's addicting also. On the plus side you can ride up with Steve, a pink shirt and abba blasting in the background :D.
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

that's what scares me.....the addicting part (well, the abba part, too). in south fla, i was into the drag racing. when i moved to central fla, i got into the autocrossing, racing twice a month (SCCA and also, a local club). but once i bought my ZX11, top speed gives me a hard....well, you know. do i really need something else to take money from the household budget? silly question, isn't it ??? :
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
              X