HOT ROD Challeges MEGA Trailer Queens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT ROD Challeges MEGA Trailer Queens

Hot Rod at SEMA Challenged 26 premier show cars to do the tour without a trailer (even a support trailer)

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/pret...ees/index.html

If he chooses to do it Dave Schaub with ?32 Ford Roadster wont have a problem....he is the one that did 49 state in 9 days with out a support vehicle at all. www.49in9.com
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Re: HOT ROD Challeges MEGA Trailer Queens

Update from one of our other threads ....

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
    I was just on the "other" site and saw where HR has invited/challenged 26 gorgeous cars from SEMA to make the 2010 PT. It looks like 6 have already said "yes" including one build just up the road at Pinkee's Hot Rod Shop.

Linda 8)

Comment

I say print the names of the rest of the other invitee's so we know who they are to make fun of.
      Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

They have the list of the 26 invitees on the HR site, that's where I saw it. People know the kind of problems we've had with the Chevelle on the 05 and 07 tours and we didn't have a stinkin' trailer, just good friends along the way helping out any way they could. I hope at least half of the SEMA cars take the challenge, just to make things interesting.

Linda 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 4dfide
          I say print the names of the rest of the other invitee's so we know who they are to make fun of.
          Ask and 'ye shall receive .. I'm an unadulterated cut 'n paster from way back in my Kindergarden days ...
          First the IN crowd, followed by the "What, no Trailer?" crowd !!

CONFIRMED '67 Chevrolet Chevelle, Josh Henning

CONFIRMED '65 Pontiac GTO, Josiah Coy

CONFIRMED The Truckster, Dennis Overholser

CONFIRMED '69 Pontiac GTO, Big 3 Performance

CONFIRMED The Peterbilt Rod, Randy Grubb

CONFIRMED '32 Ford Tudor, Pinkee's Rod Shop

CONFIRMED '69 Camaro convertible, Tom Farrell

The LOSER crowd ....
          '32 Ford Roadster, Dave Schaub
          '64 Ford Fairlane, Ken and Ev Smith
          '26 T roadster, Bruce Wanta
          '69 Dodge Charger, Tom Boldry
          '68 Chevrolet Truck, David Neal
          '70 Chevrolet Chevelle, Mike Racke
          '36 Auburn Boattail Speedster, James Hetfield
          '40 Mercury Custom, Ted?s Rod Shop
          '68 Plymouth Belvedere GTX, Ken and Kirk Jansen
          '56 Chevrolet Convertible, Don and Karen Blacksmith
          '70 Dodge Dart, Mr. Norm?s Garage
          '57 Oldsmobile Unknown
          '62 Chevrolet Corvette, Barry Blomquist
          '57 Chevrolet convertible, Bill Perry
          '70 Ford Mustang, Philip Koenen
          '60 Ford Starliner, Bodie Stroud
          '35 Ford Three-Window Coupe, Harold and Rhea Schrader
          '57 Chevrolet Pickup
          '32 Ford Roadster, Jerry Magnuson ***

*** We have a hundred dollar bill that says Jerry Magnuson won't drive his '32 roadster on the Power Tour. Why?
          Because it's obviously a very high-dollar show car built by Chip Foose from a Marcel body (1 of 10) that features unique pop-up headlights. It's really, really nice, and the paint was still wet when they rolled it into SEMA. It has an LS2 with, of course, a Magnuson supercharger.

Comment

the 62 vette of Barry Bloomquists i believe is the one that Neil Gerber and sons from The Roadster shop built. They flogged that thing all over the place this past summer . Awsome car that they aren't afraid to beat on. I don't believe it has a top though so he might not drive it on the tour .
            Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

That is one gorgeous ride !!!
              ;)

1962 Chevrolet Corvette, Barry Blomquist
              The C1RS Vette was built by The Roadster Shop and won the Goodguys Street Machine of the Year title. You saw it in the Jan. '09 issue of HOT ROD. This car is no stranger to the autocross, so there's no reason it shouldn't do just fine on the Power Tour, right?

Comment

I can't wait to see these machines. I wonder if Hot Rod has something special instore for them who make it all the way throught.
                It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

On our little Continental Drift Tour (see events thread), we've got a friend taking his just finished '63 split window vette done at Hot Rod Joe's shop in Louisiana. He's been coerced into doing a few indoor shows this winter before hitting the pavement with it. From the pics I've seen, this thing is gorgeous and highly modified. Full chassis under it, LS3 for power, shaved handles, full custom interior, big wheels, etc...

No special rewards for him except hanging with his touring buddies and having a blast! Can't wait to see this thing rolling down the road!

Comment

explain it to me again.....why do you have it if you cant drive it?
                    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

What's the saying, "Trailers are for Boats". Last year one guy on tour had that road ready Indy car, and trailered it behind about a $500,000 motor home, in a trailer with glass sides so you could admire it. They gave him hell at one of the venues for trailering it.
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Well this one wont make it any where 36 Auburn Boattail Speedster, James Hetfield, i cant see mr metalica driving any place any time soon

As already stated only the Hardcore drive their cars, if you dont then your lamecore. We see a couple of cars that must have been trailered on the tour this year as they had no road grime any place and there was no way you could clean a car that well and run the tour in the crap weather.

Comment

I talked to Neil @ The Roadster Shop about Barry's car. They are checking into the schedule to see if they can move things around to make it on the tour even if its somewhere.Obligations of the 62 being the street machine of the year @ GoodGuys might prevent them from making it. I assure you though if they can they will be there to flog it .I actually road in the car at the Chicago Goodguys show . Got to make a pass around the roadcourse .That car is one helluva machine !
                          Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd
                            There are a whole bunch of folks where I live that shouldn't be allowed to drive anything yet they still have stuff to drive! :o

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                              Originally posted by 173rdherd
                              There are a whole bunch of folks where I live that shouldn't be allowed to drive anything yet they still have stuff to drive! :o
                              Snowbirds are very bad to be around while on the road. They used to scare the crap out of me when I lived in north Port.
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X