• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Opening Day
    Whatcha hunting?
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post
      Whatcha hunting?
      It's whats hunting us - wind!

Comment

• Today i'm pondering a detour around Birmingham. It's really screwed up on I-65 and I believe the route has us going I-65 through there.

Matt and Bucky reported long delays and road constuction (especially northbound)
        Powertour off/on since 2002
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
          I would guess that your compressor is possibly bad. The switch is a safety feature to keep you from burning the compressor up, so it reads how much freon your A/C system has in it. You already mentioned that the system is fully charged, but the clutch wouldn't kick on. I'm assuming you're talking about the compressor clutch?!?! That would tell me that the compressor is bad, and the switch is keeping it from kicking on. Of course when you bypassed the switch, the clutch would then kick on, but did not blow any cold air, which again would lead me to believe the compressor is bad, or all that freon leaked out....

Just my two cents....
          OK. Figured it out.
          Looks like a bad vacuum motor, not opening the bypass door to allow airflow over the AC evap core.
          Also figured out, because I swapped to a newer type AC blower fan housing, one of the sensors is missing {72, then 1973 Ford changed the wiring}.
          Wiring looks to be resolved. More testing tonight.

Saying a prayer we are going to make Indy, but not sure.
          Andrew
          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Why is the last thing you check that gives you the most problems.
            1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
            1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
            1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
            Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

• Pondering why I was only getting 9.6mpg. Matt said my carb sucks. So we ordered a new Holley 750 to be delivered to Bruce's house and we'll install in Sanford. We also saw 64falcon pass us on I-10 today. Car looked sweet!
              sigpic

Comment

• Prayer answered.
                See you guys in Indy.
                If someone sees DTB, ask him if I should bring along this:
                Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• I have a new carb coming
                  1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
                  1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
                  1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
                  Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

• I am pondering what to clean next after PT
                    Danny/Zachary
                    HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

• Need your feedback - pros and cons

I am in the process of ordering a Moser 12 bolt for the Firebird. I have to decide on either an Eaton posi or Detroit Truetrac (sorry Allen but I spoke to Currie in Muskegan on their Ford 9" and they said they have given the ABS/Traction control system market to Moser).

If you have any experience with either differential, I would like to read your comments

I will be ordering the rear this weekend

Much Obliged
                      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• Well I can unfortunally tell you from experience that the Eaton Posi can be run out of fluid and put up with Buckyesqe driving and survive.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I have an Eaton Posi in Jade, and she's been in there for a decade now. After tearing the entire rear end down in Montgomery, the clutches still looked brand new. In fact, the only damage that we could find is when the 12 bolts actually sheered off, but Ron was able to machine those back down, resurface the face of the unit, and put her back together.

I spoke true about the BFG KDW-2 (New Tread Design) and had we not been able to save my posi, I would have ordered another Eaton....

My two cents brother.
                          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                          - George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by tcbnj View Post
                            Need your feedback - pros and cons

I am in the process of ordering a Moser 12 bolt for the Firebird. I have to decide on either an Eaton posi or Detroit Truetrac (sorry Allen but I spoke to Currie in Muskegan on their Ford 9" and they said they have given the ABS/Traction control system market to Moser).

If you have any experience with either differential, I would like to read your comments

I will be ordering the rear this weekend

Much Obliged
                            Moser builds 9" stuff too you know - doesn't have to be Currie as long as it is a 9"!

Comment

• Originally posted by bishir View Post
                              Well I can unfortunally tell you from experience that the Eaton Posi can be run out of fluid and put up with Buckyesqe driving and survive.
                              Buckyesque driving..........LOL!! A new term, only understood by a few......love it!
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I have and Auburn Locker in my car and have never had any issues .Knock on my wooden head!
                                Last edited by 63 falcon; June 14, 2011, 06:21 PM.
                                Danny/Zachary
                                HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X