Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things I am pondering today

HuH! ???
    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I thought I was the only one who didn't know what ECW meant Jim. I know what the SyFy channel is.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Speaking of the SyFy channel, is anyone else enjoying the new series Caprica, that spun off from Battlestar Galactica ?
        I like it.

Comment

I'm with you Phil, I know the SyFy channel, but not ECW.
          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

ECW Extreme Championship Wrestling....
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Aha - and I did see it last night while flipping between hockey games. I'm surprised I haven't worn out any remotes yet, I rarely watch commercials.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks George for the clarification, but why wrestling on the Syfy channel? Could that mean it is science fiction? ;D

Comment

Fiction for sure!!
                  200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                  Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                    Aha - and I did see it last night while flipping between hockey games. I'm surprised I haven't worn out any remotes yet, I rarely watch commercials.
                    I'm on my 2nd in 2 years..... Click, Click, Click.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

My random though:
                      What the hell am I getting myself into with PT? What is the drive to thrash?
                      GTS goes to bodyshop of a trusted family freind in one month...he will have it for 4-5 weeks. The I need to stab the interior in the thing, all the glass, the trim.
                      -sigh-
                      :-X
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

It's a worthy cause - if you need slave labor I can help -
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Is one of the sponsers going to take Year One's place, and host a Hot Rods at the drive in theatre like we did on PT '07 in Springfield?
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Why isn't the Bowling Green venue Beech Bend Raceway ?

While only 15 minutes from the actual venue, Warren County Regional Airport, go to Beech's website http://www.beechbend.com/dragschedule.htm and look at the aerial view
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
                              Why isn't the Bowling Green venue Beech Bend Raceway ?
                              Probably money

Comment

How is that really different than where Noah built his Ark (Racine)?
                                Seems that Great Lakes Dragway was a few miles from the venue and it worked out fairly well - both years (if I remember correctly).

Comment

Working...
                                X