Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redline04
    replied
    Pondering... do I need a line lock? T/A came to me with one. Not sure if it works. Rebuilding brakes now (installing new Master/Booster) once it’s refilled with new fluid and bled out, checking that old line lock is next, but Do I really need one for a street car

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Cat?

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Took out the trash a 5am and decided to start the old car. Sounds like the fan is hitting something but its not. Maybe there's a critter in the flywheel?

Leave a comment:

• 88MCSS LS2 6spd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    And yet another one... please go back to Sesame Street, this is not the forum for you.

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    So, while a few updates to the TA have taken priority, the Wagon has apparently become jealous and decided the fuel pump should fail.
    Called Summit to be sure I was ordering the correct Carter pump to replace the factory 1973 pump. Guy says Yes, order pn M6935. So I did.
    Late this afternoon I wandered out to the garage to do the replacement. What did I find when i knocked to old one out of the engine?? Tomorrow I will apparently be going to O'Reilly's to get the Correct pump.. Glad I'm not out on the road to Memphis trying to get this right.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220611_205857.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1320370

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    lots of options
    1. Hydroboost
    2. Electric vacuum pump
    3. Vacuum canister
    Thanks! I'll look into all 3 options to see what might fit best.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    lots of options
    1. Hydroboost
    2. Electric vacuum pump
    3. Vacuum canister

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Curious about "minor" brakes & vacuum issue.
    Power brakes not doing so well. The Cam that the car came with appears to be preventing enough vacuum for brakes to function correctly.
    Experienced suggestions

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Originally posted by Gr8Regal View Post
    I think if I fart in the woods will my wife hear it?
    Depends on how close her deer stand is to yours

Leave a comment:

• Gr8Regal
    replied
    I think if I fart in the woods will my wife hear it?

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Brewster green with 76 graphics... I know yours is not a 76, but those were the best looking IMHO : https://www.firebirdcentral.com/1976...stn-2103ua.htm

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Originally posted by PacerRacer View Post

Trans Am is the only car in your signature that doesn't have "Long Hauler" next to it. Glad to see you are taking the first steps to get that remedied. Always preferred the 79-81 front end to the ubiquitous '77, love the movie but I am getting pretty burnt out on Bandit clones.
    One day, maybe next year, this one will Tour too. Had to back out this year due to college orientation same week as PT along with 3 kids needing oral surgery. 2 for wisdom teeth, the littlest for some other issues. So instead of spending $$ on tour, I’m dumping it into getting the TA into road trip condition.

And don’t worry about this one becoming a clone. Factory tag indicates original color was Solar Gold. Might go with that or go more towards Brewster green. I’m Irish, so I am leaning that way... but definitely no clone status here

Leave a comment:

• PacerRacer
    replied
    Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
    T/A Not on the back burner anymore, been a long while getting to this point. Up and running again! Installing new front steering next; new Proforged inners, outers, and Idler. Then having the GEN II subframe connectors welded in. Tried to load a brief video, but wrong format to post here.

Name:	IMG_5565.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	1320033

Name:	IMG_5575.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	525.4 KB
ID:	1320034
    Trans Am is the only car in your signature that doesn't have "Long Hauler" next to it. Glad to see you are taking the first steps to get that remedied. Always preferred the 79-81 front end to the ubiquitous '77, love the movie but I am getting pretty burnt out on Bandit clones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X