Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    Allen, the "man up" comment was about wearing a PINK freaks shirt which I am very pleased to say you and I did!! Now as I remember Detroit (kinda), We were dicussing the return line deal and, you may be right, something like "quit whining" and get er done........or something. When did you break your trans housing? was there a leak or was it the bell housing? TKO600 that sounds like an interesting combination. You could join the ranks of Bucky in breaking parts.......maybe?
    Hmmmm..... Join the ranks of Bucky. I'm not sure if that's an insult or compliment. I'm going to ponder that a bit...... Ha Ha Ha!!!!
    Nonetheless, Alan, I'd welcome you to my ranks with open arms........ LMAO!!!!
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

• Compliment Bucky !! You rank among "Legend".........

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• I am pondering on why the hurricane couldn't wait till next week, I am thinking our flight on Saturday morning to BWI might be cancelled and then I won't get to see the Grandbabies

Donna
        Donna
        Williamston, MI
        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
          When did you break your trans housing?
          That is a tough question - it must have been one of those times that the rear tire's lost their grip!

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
          was there a leak or was it the bell housing?
          BOTH - there is a leak in the bellhousing! The machined area where the square o-ring seals the pump housing to the case is cracked (in two places) allowing that red stuff to run out on the ground. It looks like they are aligned with the two lower pump mounting holes and the two inner front pan bolts.

I did not notice the leak initially as the engine diaper was capturing the escaping fluid but I did notice that it seemed like I needed to service the diaper sooner than I should have on the trip home.

As to going to a manual - that is just a fantasy - I can't justify spending that much money (and it is a TON when you add up all the stuff required to live in the wagon).

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post
            I am pondering on why the hurricane couldn't wait till next week, I am thinking our flight on Saturday morning to BWI might be cancelled and then I won't get to see the Grandbabies

Donna
            I put this in the wrong thread....duh.

Donna, remind them that hurricanes require evacuation! Airlines will leave BWI, so they should bring those babies to Michigan to insure their safety.

But I read your reply......
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• What Hurricane?
              Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

• George..... Love those pictures even though Jade was left broken. Looking at those pictures makes me miss the Power Tour even more. Can't wait till next year.

Alan, if you do go with a TKO, you can't go wrong, as you've seen the abuse that mine can take. But, if you go TKO, stay AWAY from Keisler. I would HIGHLY recommend American Powertrain brother!!!!
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                  But, if you go TKO, stay AWAY from Keisler.
                  Hmmmm, I'm very interested in why you have that opinion. Been considering their 5 or 6-speed Corvette kit.

Comment

• Go to American Powertrains website and scroll down till you see the picture of my El Camino. Then read my experience with Owner Gray Fredrick and staff. That is why I would recommend American Powertrain. Even Papa Don made their Satisfied Customer Page, in my Five Five.

Of course since your not going with a standard . . . look at thier automatics. Or just call "Astro" over in Tavares, FL. They do a lot of performance work for AP. I have used them and they have been Top Notch. I think you will want to talk to Tony, the owners son !

10 speed DTB

p.s. that's 5 speed times 2
                    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

• I have a Keisler, love it. One of the reasons I went with them was they support the Power Tour. I was somewhat dismayed to see 'hueco in Mexico' on the box when it came, but I think the cases are cast there. The trannys are completed in Tennessee. Great folks to work with too.
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 26, 2011, 06:26 AM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                        Hmmmm, I'm very interested in why you have that opinion. Been considering their 5 or 6-speed Corvette kit.

Long story short so bear with me. As of March 2010, Keisler is no longer an Authorized Dealer for Tremec/TKO. They are buying them under the table and selling them until their new "RS" 600 hits the street, which is almost ten months over-due. How do I know all this? Because I highly recommended them to my brother, Derek, for his 69 Camaro. He purchased the transmission, in full, back in January. To this day, he hasn't seen a transmission delivered to his door. Keisler has been reported to the BBB because of the lack of communication and the fact that Derek still does not have a refund or a transmission. After doing some research, calling and talking to Tremec, I was shocked to find all this out. If you buy a TKO from the, Tremec will not warranty it, since they pulled their dealer card.

Dave, the bar tender, I read your entire story and was so impressed that I had Derek call American Powertrain. Not only are they an Authorized Dealer, but they are an Elite Dealer and came highly recommended straight from Tremec. In fact, when both myself and Derek called Tremec, they advised us to stay away from Keisler. They wouldn't mention the word lawsuit, but if you put two and two together, you can figure it out.

If anyone would like more detailed information, I would be MORE than happy to provide a chain of emails from Mr. Shafi Keisler, myself, and my brother along with the BBB report and their lack of dedication. Since purchasing my transmission from them in November of 09, they have gone downhill. I'm actually ashamed that I have a Keisler and would more than happy to sell it!!!
                        sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

• Bucky,
                          I have stories too. No matter who you use, if there are problems, the end user gets screwed. As stated in my letter to AP, I had problems with my Mexican Tremec. I didn't have any luck with Tremec's senior staff or thier warranty. But Gray from AP stood behind his product and my trans got fixed. I have met Yaffi and he is a nice enough fella, but Gray used to work for him and was so unhappy with his business practices that he left and started his own business, where he vowed to treat his customers like he would like to be treated.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a business that cares about it's customers.

Lovin my "good tippin" customers DTB

Here is a Tip, as Far as Tremec, you might need to talk to Astro Performance. (when Gerald gets done with it, it will be bulletproof, especially 3rd gear)
                          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

• Wow, definitely food for thought.
                            Glad I have not made a purchase decision yet.
                            Thanks for the heads up guys ...

Comment

• Hmmmmm, makes me wonder if I'm running on borrowed time.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Ed,
                                I have my 2 cents, and that is about all it is worth. If you had good luck with K, great ! I am sure there is a great staff there too. Everything from Tennessee is great, especially the Bourbon !

The older Tremec's didn't have any problems that I am aware of. (The one in my Five Five is great) IMO Tremec sub contracts out some of the parts for the transmissions. Low bid wins the contract and in the transmissions a few years ago there were some sub-standard parts. Astro remakes some of these parts from Billet and when they are done blueprinting a Tremec with these upgrades, the trans is bulletproof "Guaranteed" ! The expense is not that much.

WM, did you look at the Vette, 5 speed install on AP's Website. That shift mech looks like the bomb !

Anyone want to talk about problems with brand new Ford 9in rear ends? Never mind. Brand new or from the salvage yard, I seem to have to rebuild everything? That's Hot Roddin right ?

Rebuilding my failed career DTB

p.s. one for you . . . two for me !
                                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Working...
                                X