Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
    I borrowed this from the friend, of a friend ....

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living".

Made me do some pondering !
    While this advice sound good - for some happiness would come at an awfully high price as not all those that cause drama are disposable.

Comment

• Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Originally Posted by White Monster

I borrowed this from the friend, of a friend ....

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living".

Made me do some pondering !

While this advice sound good - for some happiness would come at an awfully high price as not all those that cause drama are disposable.

True. But on the flip side, when a guy you were friends with for 20+ years suddenly tried to screw your wife...he should be lucky to not end up beaten to a pulp and a log chain wrapped around his neck and drug behind a truck...

I know one of my brothers over the years have cut off being freinds with some people because they could not or would not pull their heads out of their wazoo, and he just didn't want to be drug into BS that was non of his doing...guys I grew up around, learning stuff from {both god and bad}.

Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Back to a happy thought:

How the hell do I get to Kansas City.
          I don't think even the idea of driving ole Blue in 4wd on I-29 south of Omaha right now is a good idea...
          Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
            Phil, do you mean Sunday night? Rooms are for Sunday night. I am heading down early Sunday.....
            Correct, correct, correct, SUNDAY NIGHT....sorry George, I spazzed out.
            Saturday night is mandatory attendance at a wedding - oh boy, end comment.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
              Back to a happy thought:

How the hell do I get to Kansas City.
              I don't think even the idea of driving ole Blue in 4wd on I-29 south of Omaha right now is a good idea...
              Andrew, I thought that was a photo of I-680 between the Morman Bridge and I-29.....there for why would you want to travel that far out of the way to go to KC?
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                Correct, correct, correct, SUNDAY NIGHT....sorry George, I spazzed out.
                Saturday night is mandatory attendance at a wedding - oh boy, end comment.

Just lookin out for my buddy's.........
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                  Andrew, I thought that was a photo of I-680 between the Morman Bridge and I-29.....there for why would you want to travel that far out of the way to go to KC?
                  Andrew's a way far out kinda dude I guess........ Andrew - I'm sure you know Hwy 75 is open - where you can turn left to Kansas is yet to be determined though. Or you can go 80 E to 29 South - to Glenwood 34 E to 59 south to 136 west to Rockport - back on 29 South and highball.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Phil, I dont think you spazzed out, I think you just did not want to be late.

Comment

• George, dont you think a good layer of asphalt would fix I-680?

Comment

• Need to send that photo to Fox News......
                        I noticed the MO is still flooding between Omaha and KC....how many weeks has it been?
                        Film at 11.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          Need to send that photo to Fox News......
                          I noticed the MO is still flooding between Omaha and KC....how many weeks has it been?
                          Film at 11.
                          Ed, I'm not sure of exact numbers, however the missouri appears to be down about three feet around here. We are approximately 25 miles from the last dam (Gavins Point Dam). The draw down has been taking place for about a week or two. There is a lot of devistation to farmland and personal property. The river is changed forever, new sand bars where there never were before. The channel has been relocated in many areas, sandbars on soccerfields in South Sioux City. I herd a report this morning that the government organization responsible (I'm not sure who exactly) is getting ready to artificially build sand bars again on the river to save the Piping Plover ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piping_Plover ) They have spent millions of dollars making sandbars on the Missouri for habitat for these birds. Funny thing is sandbars come and go on there own. Every sandbar they have made has washed away..........Huh? I don't think this flood was well thought out.......Ya think?

Comment

• No shit George, ain't kidding about lack of planning. As far as that picture...I thought it was I-29?
                            The Iowa DOT had a site with a bunch of image galleries. Nuts just seeing stuff.

What amazes me is this man made disaster has affected so many people.

Do a google search for Iowa floor damage...
                            I know the hurricane/tropical storm thing was bad for the east coast, but damn, this flooding has screwed this area for what, three solid months now?
                            What's awesome is how people are getting screwed on their flood insurance...this was a man-made disaster yet the Army corps of Engineers is not responsible?

If I am not mistaken, this is a shot looking to Omaha from the North.

Here is an interesting satellite image south of Omaha, by Nebraska City:

*edit-
                            the before shot:
                            Last edited by Eliteman76; September 1, 2011, 05:33 PM.
                            Andrew

Comment

• Looking around a Nasa site, this is nuts...in the center of this image, in that "lake" was Hamburg, Iowa...
                              Andrew

Comment

• I havent seen that much water sence tropical storm Alison
                                Danny/Zachary
                                HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X