Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Got second shot yesterday. May or may not be why I feel bad. Had bad leg cramps last night. I will be 45 this year so some of it comes with old age. Getting pressured to schedule vacation time by the eighth. I have no idea what I will be doing or what will not get cancelled or rescheduled. Rocky mountain raceweek is in Great Bend KS in June. Has anyone been to https://kustomkempsofamerica.com/salina.htm ? I was going to check it out a few years ago until it go cancelled.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Got one in 2012 at a swap meet from a shop in MO but the converter quit on PT in Joplin and I had to get towed. Don't trust rebuilt generic converters. IIRC that one was $700 but that was a long time ago and a stock rebuild. Hot Rod Garage said they paid $900 for a used one at a junkyard to use for temporary mockup in their Grand Trashional. www.lizardtransmission.com says $1795 for 600 HP. Should have converter and dipstick, TV cable etc... My car probably only has 250 give or take. Stuff slides around in the bed if you get on it.

Leave a comment:

• stroker al
    replied
    Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Where did you guys buy your 200-4r’s from? I will need a mild performance build.
    Bought mine in Independence, Mo. not sure if he still has transmission shop.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Where did you guys buy your 200-4r’s from? I will need a mild performance build.

Leave a comment:

• stroker al
    replied
    Have 200 4R in my 55 stroker and 49 Ford rat rod, beefed up in 55 but glad I got them.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Yes, I need an early 200-4R. Going behind a stock nailhead so doesn’t need a drag build but the nailheads do have a lot of torque.
    We got the 2004R Level 2 for the Cutlass. It has a 455 in it.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Yes, I need an early 200-4R. Going behind a stock nailhead so doesn’t need a drag build but the nailheads do have a lot of torque.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    They were mostly in G bodies which ended in 87, where as the 700s went into the 90s and became the 4l60 IIRC. The 200 4r had a hook up for the lock up solenoid and that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied

That’s what I will be looking for soon, a 200-4R to put behind one of the Gran Sports. Open to peoples experiences and recommendations!
    I do not know about the 200-R4's, but when I looked into using my left over 700R4 I discovered that there are both early & late 700R4s. Mostly it came down to the late ones being mostly electronic while the early ones are not. I do not remember the exact year cutoff but I do remember that my '91 barely made the cutoff for the early ones. The early ones are still pretty common in the older GM pickups in the U-Pul-It yards. In fact, I just helped a buddy pull one out of a truck at the local yard awhile back. And he had probably a half-dozen to pick from. That would be if you are planning on having one rebuilt yourself. I decided to have mine rebuilt because if there was a problem, I did not want to have to argue with someone over the phone and then have to pay to ship it back. And I did not need to handle anywhere near 700HP. I think that the main issue with the early vs. late was that if you wanted to be able to hook up a manual speedo, you would need one of the older ones. Possibly all of the 200-R4's were pre-electronic?

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

This is where we got the one that we put in the Cutlass.

https://www.bowtieoverdrives.com
    Mine was $1700 and rated for 700 hp. Summit and others wanted $2400 for a lesser transmission with no speedometer and no converter. Ended up with free shipping due to their damaging the first one and leaving the next one off the truck causing me to miss my Labor day goal. lizard transmission from Florida. https://lizardtransmission.com Click image for larger version

Name:	20180910_130337.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	915.5 KB
ID:	1312582

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    I put a rebuilt 700R4 from my totaled '91 S10 into my '56 last summer & I used Bow Tie Overdrives Holley square bore kit to make it all work. Works nicely & I would definitely go that route if I had to do it again.

http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/cata...php?ITEMID=217
    Last edited by 67 Malibu; January 22, 2022, 08:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

That’s what I will be looking for soon, a 200-4R to put behind one of the Gran Sports. Open to peoples experiences and recommendations!
    This is where we got the one that we put in the Cutlass.

700r4 2004r overdrive transmission overdrive transmissions troubleshooting 4L60 valve body torque converter automatic 4L80E 4L60E wiring harness chevy tv system edelbrock holley demon crossmember TH350 Th400 350 4100 1905 quadrajet performance conversion swap shift kit overdrive

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
    My 200 4r fits without modifications in place of the 350th that replaced the 3spd that was in it when I got it.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    And we are going to get up to single digits above!

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Almost time to get out of these single digit temps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X