• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CLA55IC View Post
    I think Jade always looks good.
    yup pretty much
    '95 S10: 350sbc/th350 (for now)
    '05 Cobalt SS: 13.4@105 (boost + money = fun)
    '03 GSXR1000: exhaust, stacks, filter, PCIII, nitrous, plenty of other stuff
    GO CAPITALS!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
      Boob, awesome picture. I'm not sure where that is, but damn, Jade looks good there.... Thanks for the picture!!!
      on way out of proving gtrounds

Comment

• i am pondering

replacing orginal 56 wiring harness with a painless harness

no one moves over

ever
        Last edited by 1956NY150; November 13, 2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• another lesson from grasshopper

I am pondering how many freaks, carjunkies or other miscreants have had this happen. Early last week, to and from work ~ 25 miles each way, the Goat started experiencing "unintended acceleration/unasked for cruise control. At about 1800 rpm in 5th gear, she would accelerate to 2000 rpm and stay there with no pedal pressure - this is at 50 mph. Kind of a "Christine" scene. Finally on Wednesday I notice the temp gage was flat lined, then would periodically "wake up". When woken up, the throttle would return to normal. It turns out the "Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor failed causing the ECM (computer) to believe the motor required an open loop/"choke required" condition and would richen the fuel ratio that when combined with a warm engine increased engine speed.

Beware to those who eschew the carb - funky stuff happens in EFI land
          nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
            another lesson from grasshopper

I forgot what year your car is, did you get CEL light ?
            So. Central PA
            Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

• Tom...Man you got problems!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                I'm not THAT young..... after all, every morning when I get, my bones and joints remind me of not only my age, but the five deployments that I've been through........ Ha Ha Ha!!!
                Just giving you a little he11 Buddy!!
                HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                DW- 12,16,17
                "Stay thirsty my friends"
                The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Originally posted by Vsolo View Post
                  I forgot what year your car is, did you get CEL light ?
                  I dont think the CEL will come on for the coolant temp sensor. the coolant sensor would cause the computer to think the engine was ice cold, dump huge amounts of fuel down the cylinders, and the O2 sensor might pick up something wrong........I think...
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                    another lesson from grasshopper

I am pondering how many freaks, carjunkies or other miscreants have had this happen.
                    That would be just you Tom

If the goat continues to have such freaky problems (automatic cruise, serp belt, etc), I think you should get rid of it. I know someone west of you that would take it off your hands
                    Donna
                    Williamston, MI
                    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• The CEL (Check Engine Light) did turn on by Friday and my scan tool (Acton) identified a P0118 code (which includes ECT is registering the coolant too low). After I replaced the sensor on Saturday I let the car go through a few start/stop cycles and the ECM turned off the CEL without me using the scan tool.

As far as the Goat (2005/LS2) settling in the West, I could not voluntarily "cull the herd" - which is not helping my argument with mrs arrowhead on why I should have a real project car
                      nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• checking out a new place for machine work today. Place has 4 engine dynos and several full time engine builders. Specializing in sprint car stuff.
                        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• So......you plan on taking a spare set of tires?? Sounds like you might need 'em....
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Does anyone take spares on the power tour? I was thinking about taking the factory 16"s along just for burnouts :P
                            '95 S10: 350sbc/th350 (for now)
                            '05 Cobalt SS: 13.4@105 (boost + money = fun)
                            '03 GSXR1000: exhaust, stacks, filter, PCIII, nitrous, plenty of other stuff
                            GO CAPITALS!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by itS10neverdone View Post
                              Does anyone take spares on the power tour? I was thinking about taking the factory 16"s along just for burnouts :P
                              I've ran my BFG KDW Drag Radials two years on a row, without brining a second set of tires. Of course, it sucked on both tours when we hit thunderstorms, but otherwise, they were good to go. Same tires I drove on, ran on the drag strip, and of course did burn outs in....
                              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                              - George Orwell

Comment

• Just read where the MSRP on the all new ZL1 Camaro is 54,095..... Jade may end up finding a new home.........

On the other side of the ring, Mustang just announced that the GT500 will be boasting 650 horses, 600 foot lbs of torque, and is not a 5.8 Supercharged V8. Not only is the baddest V8 ever built, but the new GT500 will top over 200MPH!!!

Let the Pony Wars begin.......
                                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                                - George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X