No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without seeing the bearings, I'd guess that if they say 'Timken USA' they are from Taiwan......if they say USA, they are from the USA. It could be a clever ploy to confuse us.........I too have used them for years, wherever they come from.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      I tend to like to quantify my stupidity per episode! So I would fix it now but then again I don't know how big of issue it is.
      i'm a bit anul. it will haunt me til it is fixed. my painter friend said to take the cap of the car and he would get it done right away, even though he has to finish his own car for power tour. i have to remove the bumper, rear valance and then the cap to get it done. aughhhhhhhhh...trying to be cool....can wait....can't wait....can wait.............
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        Don't you have that "Did you F**# it Up?" decision tree?? If not, will Scratch-X fix it?
        no. 1/2" x 4", down to the metal. have to pull the rear end cap to get it done right.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Which fix didn't?
          What else should of?
          What have I left loose?
          Will the uphosltry shop complete their work in a timely fashion (before the weekend)?
          Will the parts I need for the weekend get here in time?

Only 10 days left till pre-registration ends!
          Last edited by cstmwgn; May 13, 2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Which fix didn't?
            What else should of?
            What have I left loose?
            Will the uphosltry shop complete their work in a timely fashion (before the weekend)?
            Will the parts I need for the weekend get here in time?

Only 10 days left till pre-registration ends!
            will it be undrivable without the interior done?
            will it be undrivable if the parts don't arrive?
            hope you can make it to PT.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• It's no wonder I like you guys....we have similar attitudes.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
                will it be undrivable without the interior done?
                Hard to say - I don't think I can see over the dash without the seats in it. I have an appointment to take it in Wednesday morning. IF they actually worked on it - the work required to complete the work from LAST year should only take a couple three hours so even by hot rod standards 3 days should be enough time to finish it.

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                will it be undrivable if the parts don't arrive?
                Yes - it would be drivable. Unfortunately, the wagon steams up the windows VERY badly in hot humid rainy weather. I only have 1 mirror (inside) which means when the windows fog I can't see what is behind and/or to the right of me which makes it quite difficult to drive. I really don't need that much help bending it up so it is important to me to minimize my opportunities to be stupid.

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                hope you can make it to PT.
                I am trying

Comment

Yes - it would be drivable. Unfortunately, the wagon steams up the windows VERY badly in hot humid rainy weather. I only have 1 mirror (inside) which means when the windows fog I can't see what is behind and/or to the right of me which makes it quite difficult to drive. I really don't need that much help bending it up so it is important to me to minimize my opportunities to be stupid.
                  I thought that you knew "the first rule of Italian driving is that what is behind you does not matter"
                  FKA Redragtop
                  (formerly known as)

Comment

• No room at the inn

Comment

No room at the inn
                      Where Allen?
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                        Where Allen?
                        Uphosltery shop - been talking to them for a month - telling them the wagon was coming - last Wednesday they guaranteed me an open space tomorrow morning - checked this afternoon and not so!

Comment

Uphosltery shop - been talking to them for a month - telling them the wagon was coming - last Wednesday they guaranteed me an open space tomorrow morning - checked this afternoon and not so!
                          Bastards! Are you re-doing the back or the seats?
                          I R Bob
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Bastards! Are you re-doing the back or the seats?
                            Technically, I removed the rear seat last year and built sub enclosures, speaker boxes and storage. I didn't have them finish the wheel tub coverings or the rear carpet since I was going to have to have the body work done when I got back from last year's tour. They assured me that it wouldn't be any problem to slip it in and get the work completed.

Comment

• Well that would be the last time I used them. One thing I cannot stand is someone saying they will do something and then backing out of it.
                              I R Bob

Comment

Well that would be the last time I used them. One thing I cannot stand is someone saying they will do something and then backing out of it.
                                Regardless if they finish the work or not - it will never go back there. Their quailty of work was poor and their prices where high!

Comment

Working...
                                X