No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in a cooler, so they won't go bad....................
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
      I'm pondering what's the best way to ship heads.
      how far do they need to travel? if you don't need them right away, have you thought about the bus. sometimes you can get competive rates on heavier stuff.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
        in a cooler, so they won't go bad....................
        Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
        Where they going, "head"quarters?
        There Phil, I didn't want you to be the only one, not funny !

DTB
        Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
        In a hat box maybe ?
        You guys are hilarious!!!!

Originally posted by cobra View Post
        how far do they need to travel? if you don't need them right away, have you thought about the bus. sometimes you can get competive rates on heavier stuff.
        They need to go from Cleveland to Philly. I'm just trying to figure out packaging mostly.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• See if your shipping guy at work has any leftover pallets/crates/cardboard/strapping that might work.
          Forward Air (800) 726-6654 should be reasonable for point to point drop off and pickup like the bus CLE(Middlesburg) to PHL (Folcroft) and they can do delivery for an extra charge too.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Years ago - mine came in heavy cardboard. IF you are worried that your friendly shipper might be a little rough with them you could always put a piece of wood (1/4" ply maybe) on the head gasket surface.

Comment

• They're just cores but I'd like to get them there in good condition. It's getting there.

I R Bob
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

They're just cores but I'd like to get them there in good condition. It's getting there.

Cores - I thought you were going with aftermarket heads?

Comment

• Ported and polished PI heads flow just about as good as aftermarket heads on these engines. For supercharged applications, they are fine. You really only need Trickflows if you're going turbo.
                  I R Bob

Comment

Ported and polished PI heads flow just about as good as aftermarket heads on these engines. For supercharged applications, they are fine. You really only need Trickflows if you're going turbo.
                    But how do you keep the plugs in them?

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      But how do you keep the plugs in them?
                      They have inserts put in them. Later heads have twice as many spark plug threads too.
                      I R Bob

Comment

• i do not know the dimensions of the heads, but i have seen them shipped in a rubermaid tote with packing peanuts after two all thread bolts with nuts hold the combustion chambers together, preventing the sealing surfaces of the head gaskets from dammage.
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• My 468 has been using small amounts of water. So I had to send the heads back to the engine builder. I built a box out of 5/8 plywood, 2ft x 2 ft x 8 inches with 3 2x4 on the botton making pallet. Total weight 170 pounds. With pick up at my house ( Marietta , Ga ) to Colorado cost me $258 to get them there. Not cheap!!
                          sigpic
                          Once you've gone Rat, you'll never go back
                          468 BBC
                          Long Hauler 2011, 2012

Comment

• You aren't kidding not cheap. I think that's about how much it's costing me to get my longblock shipped here from Philly.
                            I R Bob

Comment

• hummmm, sounds like a weekend road trip excuse.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• time to do the Michael Winslow(human soundboard from Police Academy) Rental truck routine!!
                                From his dvd Michael Winslow Live! http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Winslow-Live/dp/B001MD1XKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291413302&sr=8-1
                                Last edited by silver_bullet; August 22, 2012, 07:20 PM.
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X