Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
    i'm wondering where you are at and what you are doing and why i wasn't invited
    Drinking alone - reflecting on life's BS and ran across an old telethon on WUSF TV

Originally posted by cobra View Post
    (see ya on the 24th. are we going to do dinner after the races?)
    Dinner would be great (even if I can't make the event).

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      Drinking alone - reflecting on life's BS and ran across an old telethon on WUSF TV

Dinner would be great (even if I can't make the event).
      say what? you're going to leave me alone with boob? hope matt can show up.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
        Pondering if Winter is finally over........?!?!?
        so tired of winter it's not going to have a spring it's going to go directly in the sumimer it's going to be 30 degrees 1 day and 100 degrees the next

Comment

• Why do they call it a drug test if they don't give you anything to try?

Comment

Why do they call it a drug test if they don't give you anything to try?
            Must be a "past tense" kind of thing
            FKA Redragtop
            (formerly known as)

Comment

• Had an awesome time with our son Justin yesterday, Dynoed his Small Block 427, five pulls and made 638 HP. I sure enjoy watching as he does most of the engine work nowdays. Cool stuff!!
              Attached Files
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Very nice George. You and Justin are going to have fun with that.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Sweet deal George!!
                  FKA Redragtop
                  (formerly known as)

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                    Had an awesome time with our son Justin yesterday, Dynoed his Small Block 427, five pulls and made 638 HP. I sure enjoy watching as he does most of the engine work nowdays. Cool stuff!!
                    That is freaking awesome!!! Pure awesomeness!!!
                    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                    - George Orwell

Comment

• cool george!! which vehicle is that for??
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        cool george!! which vehicle is that for??
                        I heard that it was for an Imperial Blue Metallic 1967 RS/SS Camaro....... hehe!!
                        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                        - George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                          I heard that it was for an Imperial Blue Metallic 1967 RS/SS Camaro....... hehe!!
                          Very Original Bucky...what's the latest on your grand scheme??
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Just how hard is it to change torsion garage door springs?
                            How often do parts explode when unwinding/winding springs?
                            Should I remove the wagon from the garage before attempting to R&R the springs?

Comment

Just how hard is it to change torsion garage door springs?
                              Hire a professional.

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                              Almost always. Pretty sure you need special tools.

Yes, to give the professionals plenty of room to work and keep the wagon safe from accidental damage.
                              Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 27, 2013, 06:49 PM.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Just how hard is it to change torsion garage door springs?
                                It is really easy...just loosen the set screws and the springs will do the rest (remove the tension that is)

More often than a Blue Moon and less than every single time. If you broke a spring, the tension will be off of it already so less chance of an explosion.

Of coarse you should remove the wagon first. That is if you can even get the door up. The last time we broke a spring, the door wasn't going anywhere until it was fixed.

Although you didn't ask, I would suggest setting up a video camera to record everything that happens. You never know what you images you might capture. Those springs used to intimidate me until I got a couple of 3' bars that fit the tension wheel (or whatever it is called). There is a garage door guy on the boards if you want to PM him for advise or just call someone local
                                FKA Redragtop
                                (formerly known as)

Comment

Working...
                                X