Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
    Glad to hear that. My sister is staying she lives in a brick home in palmetto .
    Our new house is in Palmetto - hope your sister has high ground (not a lot of that in Palmetto).

Update.

Our new house hopefully is properly sandbagged but no window protection - fingers crossed.
    Our current house is boarded on the first level with the exception of the sliders and the 3 windows on the second story. We have a little wood left should we need to make patches for those windows.

We should be safe even if we incur significant property damage. Things will start to heat up Sunday afternoon with it peaking late Sunday into early Monday. I am sure we will loose power so we most likely will be off-line for a while. Not to worry the FIRST windows we boarded up were the garage!

Comment

• Be safe Allen!
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• I ponder my sister will make it through this storm just fine she said it didn't hit them as hard as expected. It was still bad but not as bad as expected. But she had been battened down since Thursday..
        Last edited by pintoboy77; September 12, 2017, 08:28 AM.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• OK - we are back on-line. Power just restored at the old house most likely still out at the new house.
          We spent ~10 hours (Willow and I) collecting sticks, twigs and other miscellaneous tree debris in the yard at the old house. We have a few sofitts and a broken fence rail to deal with but all in all a very lucky and safe experience.

The new house is 2 to 3 times worse in regards to tree debris plus it is VERY wet (marshy) so it will be a few days before I can start working on the yard. The pool is VERY full of leafs and twigs and branches so I will need to deal with that ASAP if it hasn't already burned up the pump. Again a few sofitts are blown out but not a drop of water in either garage or the house. This is excellent news for us as we are about a foot under the "new" flood requirement and we live about 1/4 mile from Terra Ceia Bay which was projected to have between 5 - 8 feet of surge!

Anyway - we feel very lucky and blessed to come through this deal with very few significant issues.

Comment

• That's fantastic Allen! Now back to your normally scheduled pondering!
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              OK - we are back on-line. Power just restored at the old house most likely still out at the new house.
              We spent ~10 hours (Willow and I) collecting sticks, twigs and other miscellaneous tree debris in the yard at the old house. We have a few sofitts and a broken fence rail to deal with but all in all a very lucky and safe experience.

The new house is 2 to 3 times worse in regards to tree debris plus it is VERY wet (marshy) so it will be a few days before I can start working on the yard. The pool is VERY full of leafs and twigs and branches so I will need to deal with that ASAP if it hasn't already burned up the pump. Again a few sofitts are blown out but not a drop of water in either garage or the house. This is excellent news for us as we are about a foot under the "new" flood requirement and we live about 1/4 mile from Terra Ceia Bay which was projected to have between 5 - 8 feet of surge!

Anyway - we feel very lucky and blessed to come through this deal with very few significant issues.
              Any Mt. Gay left?
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Hopefully the rum has held out! Great to hear that you have come out of this as well as you did!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Any Mt. Gay left?
                  Why yes - yes there is! But we started with a very well stocked cabinet.

Comment

• I ponder we are all lucky that our friends and family came through this as well as they did.
                    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      OK - we are back on-line. Power just restored at the old house most likely still out at the new house.

glad to hear all is well you must be living right
                      2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                      2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                      2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                      2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2012 Northeast Rod Run
                      2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

• glad to hear your okay

Comment

• I'm pondering how much damage Allen's rum cabinet took if it was just a dent or total devastation?

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I think hes pondering his anser

Comment

• We lost power Sunday night at 9:20pm and got it back Tuesday at 5:15pm, which is fantastic. Internet, cable and phone service just restored 5-minutes ago. Still doing clean-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X