Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Parts!

Chris - those specs on your front alignment look very good to me. I am going to shoot for just a touch more caster - 3.0 - 3.5 and would tolerate up to -1 camber. The very bottom of the picture are a stack of plates and two bolts. These are the camber kit from opentracker racing. They give up to 5* camber adjustment and won't slip/change once the desired set are installed.

Did you do any before/after measurements on ride height after dropping the control arm mount?
    If I recall correctly, I was shooting for about what you are, but could only get as much as I did because so little was adjustable. The alignment guy did a great job with what he had to work with. I like your camber kit. Its great to lock stuff down like that. Are your strut rods adjustable too?

I don't have any before and after but I did use the original springs and needed to add a spacer to keep the wheels from rubbing. Granted the tires I used were wider than anything dad ever had on it. I ordered 1.5" spacers and got a little over an inch. After lowering the back last year (new springs) it sits about perfect. Front left still rubs the fender a tiny bit when turning just right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2881 (2).JPG
Views:	63
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	1238835

Name:	IMG_2882 (2).JPG
Views:	56
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	1238836

Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Chris - on my 66 Fairlane, the strut rods are adjustable. They don't use alignment shims on the upper control arm mount. With a 390 and stock cast iron exhaust manifolds, houdini couldn't loosen the nuts on the upper control arm bolts. I am replacing the stock serrated bolts with regular grade 8 bolts that I can tighten from the control arm side. I am going to put one 1/8" harden washer between the cross shaft and the shock tower in the front to get a bit more caster without having to pull the lower control arm too far forward. I am nervous about the spring deal but until I change out the little skinny tires I suspect I can get by.

Comment

• This stuff is fun, but I'm terrified to put my Vette up and start replacing the suspension bushings.
        Who knows where it will end ?

Comment

• I did mine already. I need to do the body mounts and posi. Bound to get ugly. Might need a torch.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            Chris - on my 66 Fairlane, the strut rods are adjustable. They don't use alignment shims on the upper control arm mount. With a 390 and stock cast iron exhaust manifolds, houdini couldn't loosen the nuts on the upper control arm bolts. I am replacing the stock serrated bolts with regular grade 8 bolts that I can tighten from the control arm side. I am going to put one 1/8" harden washer between the cross shaft and the shock tower in the front to get a bit more caster without having to pull the lower control arm too far forward. I am nervous about the spring deal but until I change out the little skinny tires I suspect I can get by.
            since i haven't been around awhile, how about posting some picks of the fairlane. is that the one you where talking about last time i was around?
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
              ... is that the one you where talking about last time i was around?
              Hey Bruce - yes, it is the one we bought in Lake Mary back in February 17.

Here are a few pics:

Name:	IMG_0187.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1239169

Name:	IMG_0191.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1239172

Name:	IMG_0190.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	848.7 KB
ID:	1239173
              x

x

Name:	IMG_0193.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	961.1 KB
ID:	1239170

Name:	IMG_0194.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	966.2 KB
ID:	1239171

Comment

• Very clean car.

Comment

• Very Nice Allen..I don't remember that hood, is it a stock hood? But I do like it either way..
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• I always loved these Fairlanes. Very nice Allen! Looks like a 427 hood.
                    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• nice, and that was in my own backyard
                      i've never seen it around though
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by street72 View Post
                        Very Nice Allen..I don't remember that hood, is it a stock hood? But I do like it either way..
                        probably not real because the real ones are rare and expensive, but that style hood came on the 50 66' fairlane factory racecars with 427.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• I sure miss everyone who moved over to FaceBook exclusively ... I guess it really did kill our forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                            I sure miss everyone who moved over to FaceBook exclusively ... I guess it really did kill our forum.
                            a few of us old die-hards don't do F/B...........it's quiet here, but there is another advantage; we're not on the nightly news with new security issues, weekly.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I sure miss everyone who moved over to FaceBook exclusively ... I guess it really did kill our forum.
                              I'm not a facebooker so I'll be here.
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Several of us do both. It's more activity on fb.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X