Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things I am pondering today

Originally posted by arrowhead
    Why do deer run in front of moving cars that have their headlights on and are driving at a moderate speed (25 mph)?
    Because they are freaking stupid!! Oh look run to the light.........Thump!!
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Why do deer run in front of moving cars that have their headlights on and are driving at a moderate speed (25 mph)?

A Donner ran in front of the Goat on the way home from work tonight causing just enough damage to require an appointment to the body shop (left front fender has some new bends) but not enough to stop the headlights from working. sheeeeesh :'(
      Tom

I am glad that you are ok and the goat was only scuffed up a bit.

Down here, our dears are of the "grey hair" variety and don't move fast enough to challenge ones driving dexterity unless the driver is taking "reds" or a modern day equivalent. However, their pesky little aluminum framed walkers can leave a mark if you aren't careful.

Comment

Bummer Tom. Hopefully it won't slow your progress toward departure for the PT....
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

thanks fellas,

No this won't impact PT schedule...and lucky for me it wasn't worse...unfortunately I too damn attached to my junk and get bummed when they get nicked up. I'll get over it.
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Tom, glad to hear that all is okay, and not too much damage done. I hit a deer once and done 2100 dollars in damage to my car.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Tom, Good that there was not too much damage. As my wife likes to say it's just a car.

Comment

Originally posted by 68camino
                .... As my wife likes to say it's just a car.
                I hate when mrs. arrowhead says that ;)

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by 68camino
                  .... As my wife likes to say it's just a car.
                  I hate when mrs. arrowhead says that ;)
                  It's just a car :D. Did you at least get the back strap off the deer? It doesen't usually get damaged in a deer/car collision.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I wonder how many inches of salt came off my truck last night washing it in the driveway?
                    6 beers and a hand wash made it look near black again.
                    Supposed to rain today but Jiimy crack corn and I don't care.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Spring time in South Dakota means melting snow and usually some river flooding. Some of the "Gear Headed" young folks were out making good use of the flooded river.

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Donking the wagon - and no that isn't meant to be Don King

So would it still be consider a Donk if it is slammed?

Comment

Allen, I wouldn't donk it. I think that's a hideous form of style, and wouldn't go well with your persona.......unless you operate a clandestine business I am not aware of........ ;D
                          If you slam it further, you may have inner fender clearance issues, and donking would only exasperate that problem.

It sits very well now, IMHO, but it's your choice.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Will spring ever arrive?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn

Did you leave the lid off the eopxy in the garage again Alan ?
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn

Are you planning a new urban lifestyle ? Perhaps movin to - da Bronx, Bed-Sty, East LA?

Comment

Working...
                                X