Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redragtop
    replied
    Bought a brisket yesterday to smoke this week. Kara's birthday and she wants smoked brisket. Bob is pretty good at smoking. We have one more bathroom after this one is done, I think his plan is to let someone else do the 2nd one. Hoping this one will be done by next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    You arrange your charcoal very neatly.
    I am new to this method so I thought I should follow the instructions that I found on the internet. Perhaps when I get more skilled I can just dump a bunch in there and let it go.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    You arrange your charcoal very neatly.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Will I be ordering pizza later tonight?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5483.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	1,008.7 KB
ID:	1287320

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Pondering why we don’t go south for part of the winter.
    Yeah, Me too! About 4 more years, after my 14 yr old graduates H.S. Then We find a winter home somewhere much warmer...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	32853187-482B-417F-97F6-2F18F5B113D4.jpeg
Views:	355
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1287297

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Pondering why we don’t go south for part of the winter.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    I'm pondering if I'm ever going to remodel a bathroom again.
    That most likely will depend on how good of job you do this time!

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    I'm pondering if I'm ever going to remodel a bathroom again.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Local plumbing company website says fill this out and we'll get back to you. All I get is an automated email and that was four days ago. Called the 24hr # just now and it redirects me to Roto Rooter and not the company I was calling. ? Tried a different company's website and waiting to hear back.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Well somebody showed up. All he did was replace the T with a push on fitting. Taxpayer dollars at work.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Just got a voicemail saying third guy(said to expect a woman)can't come tomorrow because his mom tested positive and he has to get tested/quarantine. Odd the phone didn't ring and caller ID said out of state #.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
    Oh it was just a mistake. Don't worry about it.
    They still haven't change it back three days later. Too much trouble I guess. Maybe that means I can pick when I want to go.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20210111_105031.jpg Views:	0 Size:	599.5 KB ID:	1287056 Its sheet rock on the bottom and some cardboard looking stuff on the side over a wood frame. Metal angle iron on the edge and popcorn texture over white paint. There is an air duct and iron pipe and a couple wires that resemble a cord. I imagine one copper pipe is hot and the other cold. Hole is in bedroom with half bath next door. The pipes t up to the kitchen and over to the bathroom. One t is dripping and the other is suspect. I made the hole bigger but the wood frame and iron pipe are still there. I did use my harbor freight wall hole saw to cut out the side for better access and visibility. The drop is maybe six inches and the pipe is up where the ceiling would be without the air duct. Don't want to cut the frame but will if I have to.
    The guy no showed Friday and then different guy said fifteen minutes late and no showed yesterday. Rescheduled for Tomorrow but not too hopeful. HomeAdvisor used to be good. Hired door guys and roof company through them. Ass hats sent email wanting a review. Gave a three out of ten I think.
    I put spray crap on it but of course it wasn't enough. Didn't turn the water off so maybe that would have helped. If it wasn't in such a bad spot and a t fitting I might jack with it myself but don't want to burn the house down. Drip is annoying but a full blown leak would be a lot worse. New low temp of 54*. Wall is foundation block halfway up. Could use some insulation.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stu yoakam; February 2, 2021, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SNWBLL
    replied
    Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
    Copper water line under the floor (ceiling of finished basement) is dripping and made a hole in the drop ceiling. I think its a feed line from that runs to the half bath down there. I wonder if JB weld or something would work. Might even have some lying around.
    We used a GatorBITE hose to fix a similar problem, cut out the leaking 90 degree pipe and used the flex hose to replace. That drop ceiling material gets nasty when wet!

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Oh it was just a mistake. Don't worry about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X