No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our drywall should be finished tomorrow. Am very excited to get the bathroom all put together once drywall is done. And the pile of fixtures and vanity out of the living room. Then another one to do, might put this one off for a bit though, maybe next winter, or call the contractor.
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Went to Menard's to look at a few things. Didn't see a window the right size unless you turn it on its side. Need one about three feet tall and five feet wide. Its really more like three windows together. Put plastic on the inside and outside along with the blinds and an old blanket for a curtain and its still drafty. Maybe some caulk would help. Think I have some next to the screwdriver and tape measure I can never find. Saw the foam insulation but it was only 2' squares and they want $6 a piece for them.
      They have baseboard heaters but it says 240v and they wire in. No good place to put it anyway.

Comment

• Pondering the point of taking inventory if they don't use the information. Plus we count everything every week now anyway. They tell you not to count because we're doing inventory and two days later they ask when you're going to count. Make you work 6 days and then complain about the overtime. Next month they're remodeling the store. No point if everyone is doing home delivery or drive thru pick up. The last store they did the grand opening before it was even done. They were still painting and had things out of place. They threw out the floor tiles and called it an upgrade. Gonna need those TPS reports. And don't forget your flair.

Comment

• I'm pondering that it would take me 10x as long to put new windows in the house as it's taking the guys that are doing it.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
            I'm pondering that it would take me 10x as long to put new windows in the house as it's taking the guys that are doing it.
            Its only been fourteen years. Moved in 2006. Found a receipt for my tailgate from 2015. Still in the box. Pretty good at procrastinating. Should find out if the garage wall is insulated. The drywall should be replaced anyway. At least the bottom half.

Comment

• Our barn is not insulated very well but it would be a huge job to take everything off the walls to put up insulation. I think I am going to insulate the ceiling so that I don't lose too much heat that way.

By the way, it took them 5 hours to replace every window in the house.
              Last edited by BluLightning; February 26, 2021, 05:58 AM.
              I R Bob
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• We’re replacing the roof on our house and garage this year... I’m hiring it out this time... when we did the windows, we also did additional insulation and siding... it took almost a full year working on days off to complete!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  We’re replacing the roof on our house and garage this year... I’m hiring it out this time... when we did the windows, we also did additional insulation and siding... it took almost a full year working on days off to complete!
                  The roof was done a few years ago when a tree fell on the house. We're getting the siding replaced in April so the outside of the house will be DONE! We just got done gutting one of the bathrooms so one more to go. We did everything ourselves in there except for the drywall.
                  I R Bob

Comment

• Replaced our roof after the shingles started blowing off every time the wind blew hard. Got tired of picking them up out of the yard. Had them come back and do the gutters a few months later.

Comment

• Pondering why heat doesn't work right on Ranger PU. Changed the door motor in the glove box and now the tee that diverts coolant in and out of the heater core. Also looses antifreeze and can't figure out where. Ran it for quite a while trying to get heat to come out only to figure out the exhaust is plugged up. Really surprised its not rotted out after 23 years. Oh and the floor drain in the garage over flowed again.

Comment

• State says pay tags online or we'll charge you a fee for coming in to the office. Pay online and they add $3 in fees.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                          State says pay tags online or we'll charge you a fee for coming in to the office. Pay online and they add $3 in fees.
                          In Wisconsin we can pay fees online or in person. Counter fee for in person is $5.00. If you pay on line with a CC there is a convenience fee of 2.98. If you pay by ACH from Checking or savings acct., there is No Fee. I do all my vehicles via ACH from home, have the tags/stickers within about 5 days.
                          Any Collector car (older than 20 yrs currently) is a one time-life time registration for person registering it.
                          '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                          '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                          79 Trans Am project
                          ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• I think my retro encabulator needs a good cleansing. After 2020, it seemed like it was spam free. Now it looks non-responsive, and shows admin privilege seeking behavior. Maybe if I poke it with a stick it will circum-vocabulate. I'm waiting for the halogen fluid to dry. I don't want to have to repack the muffler bearings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	omelette.png Views:	27 Size:	403.8 KB ID:	1290653

(this was "troll the bot" response that I rather enjoyed, so I'm leaving it here. Please delete if appropriate.)
                            Last edited by Beagle; March 27, 2021, 06:33 AM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• No spam here. Yet.
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Repacking muffler bearing can be a very difficult job even for those who have experience
                                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                                X