Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    We're dropping the GTO off at the bodyshop today. I'm pondering how long it will be there.
    ???
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

???
      On our way to the Nascar race and car show at MIS, a deer ran into the side of the GTO and dented it. It was very minor but it needs to be fixed. There were a couple other things I wanted to get taken care of so I figured as long as they were painting, I'd get them done. They said they should have it less than a month.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Hope you get it back soon. Body shops around here are notorious for long delays.

Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
          Hope you get it back soon. Body shops around here are notorious for long delays.
          I believe that is a nationwide requirement!

Comment

On our way to the Nascar race and car show at MIS, a deer ran into the side of the GTO and dented it. It was very minor but it needs to be fixed. There were a couple other things I wanted to get taken care of so I figured as long as they were painting, I'd get them done. They said they should have it less than a month.
            A month for a minor dent? They're probably out beating the snot out of the car in the meantime.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

A month for a minor dent? They're probably out beating the snot out of the car in the meantime.
              LOL. They are fixing some other things that I wanted to get taken care of and basically painting the back half of the car.
              I R Bob
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• These damn deer need to learn how to drive better. That's two of you guys with crash damage.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

These damn deer need to learn how to drive better. That's two of you guys with crash damage.
                    Well, I heard a rumor today that there might be some shinny stuff on the wagon by Turkey day! It has been there 2 months now and most likely will be there at least another month BBUUUTTTT we all know that is a goal not a guarantee! I am very happy with the work they are doing and the people doing it. Let's hope it all goes well.

Comment

• Hope so amigo!
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

These damn deer need to learn how to drive better. That's two of you guys with crash damage.
                        Both in Michigan too!
                        I R Bob

Comment

Both in Michigan too!
                          So our deer was from Michigan?

She was a long way from home when we met her just north of Chattanooga

Or are you sawing we were selected in Michigan and it took her all the way to Tennessee to catch up with us?
                          Last edited by cstmwgn; November 20, 2021, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

So our deer was from Michigan?

She was a long way from home when we met her just north of Chattanooga

Or are you sawing we were selected in Michigan and it took her all the way to Tennessee to catch up with us?
                            They have quite the network. I'm sure calls were made.
                            I R Bob

Comment

They have quite the network. I'm sure calls were made.
                              It was a long time ago (mid 70's) in Michigan near Gladwin but I got a doe at 60 MPH in a 64 Lincoln - trooper wondered why I was driving w/o headlights so he blued me up.
                              Last edited by 70chevyC-10; November 23, 2021, 05:42 AM.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

It was a long time ago (mid 70's) in Michigan near Gladwin but I got a doe at 60 MPH in a 64 Lincoln - trooper wondered why I was driving w/o headlights so he blued me up.
                                I've blued up a bunch of stuff over the years and it does seem to happen without the headlights being on!

And just for the record - the deer hit us!
                                Last edited by cstmwgn; November 23, 2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X