Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moparjim71
    replied
    Pondering the strange weather. Had to go buy a blaze orange t-shirt for deer hunting tomorrow as temps are going to be in the 70’s. Normally for deer season here temps would be 20’s-40’s. Some years much colder. All my orange coats are way to heavy for this year. Maybe I have an orange Forum Freak shirt!

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Show us the mini bike!
    I want to see him doing wheelies on it!

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Show us the mini bike!

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    We made it home safe and sound from the banzai run to NC.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    I'm pondering if I'm crazy or not because I'm driving to North Carolina tomorrow to pick up a minibike I bought on ebay?
    Not CRAZY at all, maybe a little wacko, but guaranteed fun Road Trip!!

Also, we want pictures of you relearning......

Funny thing, the song "Wipe Out" just started playing, be safe......

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

... It's the bike that I learned how to ride on.
    Let's hope it has stood the test of time better than the student!

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Nothing like a good road trip! I’m looking for some small cycles myself for the grandkids to ride. Maybe older Yamaha DT or Enduros. Have a good trip!
    Thanks. This one is for me not the grandkids! It's the bike that I learned how to ride on.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Nothing like a good road trip! I’m looking for some small cycles myself for the grandkids to ride. Maybe older Yamaha DT or Enduros. Have a good trip!

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    I'm pondering if I'm crazy or not because I'm driving to North Carolina tomorrow to pick up a minibike I bought on ebay?

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Same here, pondering how crappy the weather is. Normally we’re still cruising until about Thanksgiving, not this year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A5C1A409-A4A0-4EA2-B61C-09F9B7FCE7DB.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	1282742

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Pondering if we are going to have a long cold winter. Highs in the 30s and its only October. Two days after it was in the 80s today.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Well before I became a family man many years ago I drove my Big Block Nova 4-speed with a Hurst Vertical Gate shifter everywhere, ran flat 12's in the Quarter with a tire equivalent to say a M/T street strip tire. Yes it does take a little tinkering.
    Last edited by corvettedad; September 26, 2020, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Pondering how it will be 90* today when fall started a week ago. That's Kansas for you. 70 tomorrow. Two new tires new wipers and filled oil and ps fluid. Will see if car can make it across town and back. Gotta put gas in it. Cleaned a couple years worth of leaves out of the bed last night. Downtown car show is today in the park next to the court house.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Slicks make a big difference. I bought used ones and ran them for a couple of years then sold them. Look for a used pair mounted on rims already. My orange R/T with a mild 440 dropped from 13.30’s to 12.60’s with slicks. Hopped up 340 Dart GTS went from 12.51 to 11.90’s.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
    I was pondering what engine I would like to put in the Sedan Delivery, y'all know I'm old school, so Alan do you have a ET on the wagon? Give me a goal to shoot for.
    Well, in street trim - it isn't good! It doesn't hook at all with 60s in the low 2s. Quarter in the low 12s high 11s.
    I have always wanted to put some slicks on it and see how much that helped but its a bit pricey for a few runs and a bragging point that will either disappointment me or make others think I am lying.

Also, be careful what you wish for. There is a LOT of maintenance associated with making decent power on the street in a vehicle that you actually drive places.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X