X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
    I was pondering what engine I would like to put in the Sedan Delivery, y'all know I'm old school, so Alan do you have a ET on the wagon? Give me a goal to shoot for.
    Well, in street trim - it isn't good! It doesn't hook at all with 60s in the low 2s. Quarter in the low 12s high 11s.
    I have always wanted to put some slicks on it and see how much that helped but its a bit pricey for a few runs and a bragging point that will either disappointment me or make others think I am lying.

Also, be careful what you wish for. There is a LOT of maintenance associated with making decent power on the street in a vehicle that you actually drive places.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    I was pondering what engine I would like to put in the Sedan Delivery, y'all know I'm old school, so Alan do you have a ET on the wagon? Give me a goal to shoot for.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post

this post means nada without a picture or context... lol. What brass piece?
    The compression sleeve. I got two new ones at ace hardware for $.50 A lot better than buying a whole new kit for ten dollars. Like when I bought a whole set of crank keys just to get the two that I needed. Found the receipt and that was four years ago already! Time flies.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    We need to start thinning things out here too.

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    He does have a few less then he did a couple weeks ago

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    I now understand why I haven't moved in almost 30 years.
    My personal experience has been that when you move frequently - you tend to have fewer priceless treasures!

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    I now understand why I haven't moved in almost 30 years.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
    Plastic tube got a kink in it and leaked. Shortened it and it still reaches but I dropped the little brass piece in the grass. Have to go get another one somewhere. Unless I spend all day looking through all my spare parts bins.
    this post means nada without a picture or context... lol. What brass piece?

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
    Plastic tube got a kink in it and leaked. Shortened it and it still reaches but I dropped the little brass piece in the grass. Have to go get another one somewhere. Unless I spend all day looking through all my spare parts bins.
    Lowes, Home Depot, Ace (or whatever you local hardware store is) should have that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Glad I don't have any carpet. Tried driving the car tonight and now an oil puddle is standing on the floor. Have to check the oil sender when I have more light to see by.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Got the tires put on. Old ones had bad cracks between the treads. Tried to start it but it cranked over without the fuel pump coming on. Today I took a look tonight and my two add on wires from the fuse box were broken. Did see the chipmunk a while back and a baby mouse last night. One uses the key to activate a relay that powers an add on block of fuses that work the radio and the TBI. Forget what the ACC one does. Before the FI I had everything keyed to avoid battery drain. Keep fighting with rubber hoses leaking at the low side filter and return line. One is dated 4/10. Burned some leaves down near the header collector. Reminds me to plug the rest of the holes in the firewall.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Looking at tire rack and discount tire, the 255s are the cheapest. WTF? Forgot how bad the mark up is on tires. Almost $40 in taxes and fees per tire. Had to order the tires. Last time they came in on Friday and had to wait til Monday to get them put on. Website said as soon as tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Store manager quit to go work for the competition. Got a big offer. Thinking of getting new tires for the el camino. Fronts are fine only 2 -3 years old but back tires were used from a swap meet and date stamp says 10 years if I read it right. Car has sat for two years. Back tires are 255s but could get 235-245. I think fronts are either 195 or 215. Wheels are old school Camaro 15s. Tempted by 5 spokes for $115 on Jegs website. Probably wouldn't get here by Saturday though. Would have to pay for mounting. $$$ Looked again. It says 1603 or April 2003? IDK hard to believe they're that old.
    Last edited by stu yoakam; September 14, 2020, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    I love retirement

Leave a comment:

Working...
X