Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pintoboy77
    replied
    I'm pondering ain't that truck fast enough to out run a storm?

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    I'm pondering if the weather is going to be nice enough on Wednesday to get the Lightning up to Michigan.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by street72 View Post
    I was just wondering if we were still pondering...
    Rhett - you know better. There is a thread for when you are just wondering!

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    always!

Leave a comment:

• street72
    replied
    I was just wondering if we were still pondering...

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    You need to hook up with Squirrel (Jim Forbes). He's a robotics coach too!

Leave a comment:

• Red_Kitty
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Why I wasn't in Arkansas this weekend - I mentor/coach a high school robotics team and Saturday was our last competition - an all-girls event. The girls have to drive the robot and be the pit crew as well. For most of the students joining the program (and virtually all of the girls) they have never used power tools before, and have limited opportunities in class for hands-on engineering experience, but within a few weeks are building and programming robots.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    ..Click image for larger version

Name:	71B1FAB7-ECBF-47B3-A2C1-B583973CCE9E.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1220865

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Both are valid points....but there us a definite crisis looming over the horizon.... there is a definite shortage of people in the trades...everyone wants the toys of technology, but almost no one wants to get their hands dirty fixing it...I thought it was ridiculous when it was said that we had lost the technology to build battlships, but now, that nightmare may be a reality.... our predecessors would have seen this as a challenge to gladly overcome, but, looking around these days, I just don't know..

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Is this a Chicken or Egg deal?

Did the curriculum gods decide that they were no longer going to offer these course because it was inappropriate use of their resources?
    OR
    Did they remove them from the curriculum in respond to low interest from students who don't have interest in learning craftsmanship / artisan skills?
    Last edited by cstmwgn; November 1, 2018, 04:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
    Went to put the TV corrector bracket on my fi tech tbi and found out it doesn't want to fit. My new cable bracket isn't either. The set screw that keeps it straight doesn't have enough meat on the carb base to do its job. Forgot how hard it is to get the dipstick in after the fact. Getting the lines back in was hard enough. Managed to forget how much fun it was the last time. Better than being at work I guess.
    Put a dab of quicksteel on the bracket. Will see if it helps. Tried a flexible dipstick but it will not go into the transmission. Fits snugly in the old 350. I don't think its a good idea to try to open the hole wider.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Pondering, what is triggering these migraines.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Pondering giving thanks for the safety and well being of our friends!

Leave a comment:

• htrdharley
    replied
    Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
    Lars, hope your OK. As I recall you live pretty close to Lake Norman
    Yes, doing great. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X