Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Just got an email telling me I won't be getting an insurance card this year. Unless I jump through hoops on their website and create a user name and password and specifically request one. F'ing cheapskate SOB's

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Going out of town Saturday. Show gets out around 10pm an hour and a half from home. Pondering if I should plan on staying over night. Have to work till 9am or later Saturday and might be able to get some sleep before I have to leave but probably won't. I have driven in the past when I shouldn't have and it could have gone very badly.

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how I ended up in a group of all these smart people. I'm just a redneck hot rodder.
    That reminds me. Need to order some redcap shirts. "Elegant Nebraska Redneck" is the name tag patch I want...

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Andrew
    If this is a mechanical roller and you would like to consider another vendor for your lifters, I would like to suggest looking into BAM lifters. They have a DLC coated lifter that has proven to be very reliable in my combination. I have tried COMP, MOREL, CROWER and have found the BAM's to be more durable in street applications (high mileage with moderately aggressive spring pressures).

But I have clear memories of the joy of recovering from sub-standard machine work and engine assembly! I hope you have found a good shop to help you get all this straightened out. A lot of shops don't appreciate how much clearance a 3" main likes to have.

Good Luck
    Allen!! thanks man. Because I am letting the shop build this one completely, I am letting them choose the replacement lifters.
    My old set is going to get mounted in a display to honor the World's fastest Indian..."Donations to the god of Speed"

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Hey Andrew, your car is only about an hour away from us.
    Bob, it's up at Dr. Z's rod shop.

Just got news the short block is coming back together. I swear I will do a burnout in Detroit as long as the streets are dry once this thing is back together! And also crack open two PBR's and christen the ground in honor of my departed stepdad being as he's one of the guys that seems to keep pushing me forward at times in spirit to get this car back together.

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    I'm still trying to figure out how I ended up in a group of all these smart people. I'm just a redneck hot rodder.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
    Things I am pondering . . . Cstmwgn sure is a smart guy . . . with too much experience.

Cheers DTB
    agreed - and in the words of Smokey Robinson - "I second that emotion"

Leave a comment:

• Dave the Bartender
    replied
    Things I am pondering . . . Cstmwgn sure is a smart guy . . . with too much experience.

Cheers DTB

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Andrew
    If this is a mechanical roller and you would like to consider another vendor for your lifters, I would like to suggest looking into BAM lifters. They have a DLC coated lifter that has proven to be very reliable in my combination. I have tried COMP, MOREL, CROWER and have found the BAM's to be more durable in street applications (high mileage with moderately aggressive spring pressures).

But I have clear memories of the joy of recovering from sub-standard machine work and engine assembly! I hope you have found a good shop to help you get all this straightened out. A lot of shops don't appreciate how much clearance a 3" main likes to have.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post

my car currently, sitting at a shop in Detroit.
    Hey Andrew, your car is only about an hour away from us.

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Been there - done that?
    But I do have questions.
    1. Are you contributing failure to VR1?
    2. Who's lifters were you running?
    3. What kind of spring pressures?
    Nope. VR1 wasn't the issue. Trusting the wrong machine shop and engine guy was.
    Morel lifters. Specifically states on their website if engine failure occurs, the set should be trashed. Current shop carefully opened one off the lifters up and it was packed full of metal.
    Engine was not machined correctly, every single main bearing ate itself from 1/2 of the required clearances.
    Too many other issues with machine work and things not being done, or not being done properly.

Engine guy slapped things together and mistakes were made.

Spring pressures were stock Edelbrock springs, that came with the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads. I'd have to check pressures but all my notes are with my car currently, sitting at a shop in Detroit.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
    ... I really wonder why I am broke after two full scale 351C rebuilds in one year.
    (Cries 20W50 VR1 and ponders losses in $1300 worth of roller lifter failure and trusting the wrong machine shop and engine guy)
    Been there - done that?
    But I do have questions.
    1. Are you contributing failure to VR1?
    2. Who's lifters were you running?
    3. What kind of spring pressures?

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    *dragging myself from the Bangshift shop loft*
    [move]THUD[/move]

I really wonder why I am broke after two full scale 351C rebuilds in one year.
    (Cries 20W50 VR1 and ponders losses in $1300 worth of roller lifter failure and trusting the wrong machine shop and engine guy)

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    'Georgia' is next year's version of 'Motoring In The Mitten'.
    Gotcha. The Mitten was in my backyard and I still couldn’t make it happen... Georgia would be a no-go.
    Not even sure I can HRPT this summer. One graduating HS on June 1st & another headed to Japan for a 6 month Study Abroad program in August is eating up a ton of funds.

Leave a comment:

• 173rdherd
    replied
    oh yeah, the bong. I wasn.t sure if anyone was left in Georgia or Florida after Bowl Selection day. Roll Tide & Hook 'Em Horns.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X