Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things I am pondering today

Just ordered the last shift boot known to mankind for the Pumpkin, part #17997785. Boy were they proud of it too. Where I'll find another if needed I have no clue.

Comment

It will probably be in the last place you look. ;D
      1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
      1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
      1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
      Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

Snow in my beloved southern homeland.
        Non-denominational car nut.
        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
        Do you go all the way?

Comment

Anybody paid any attention to the fact that "snow" is a four-letter word? ;D :o
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59
            Anybody paid any attention to the fact that "snow" is a four-letter word? ;D :o
            Yes. And when it gets heavy enough out, it rhymes with "Cash".
            At least, when you have a truck with a plow blade on it... ;D

Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Just how much I loathe packing for a move. Why do I have so much stuff that I don't need/want anymore? Dump runs are in my future.

Comment

: : I don't know what the big deal is about the snow, I will trade you two hurricanes for 3 inches of snow ???
                Danny/Zachary
                HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Danny, big deal is we usually don't have this much snow, and normally doesn't get this cold here. Hurricanes are not much fun, either, but we don't have to worry about them! We're too far inland.
                  Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                  Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I stole this off of the General Discussion board......how cool is that, and how much did it cost to build?

Tired of cleaning snow? Be smart get a robot snow plower...
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

It happened again!

I had a close encounter with a box of Pacifico and now I am contemplating cutting an even BIGGER hole in the floor of the wagon. I just cut the top of the four link box and lowered that section of the floor 3" between the frame rails and body mounts. Now I am contemplating extending that back another 4 1/2" which would allow me to lower that section of the floor 6".

I mean, since I already have the interior out, shouldn't I make all the room possible?
                      Isn't 4 1/2" of additional leg room worth a TON of extra work (it also makes the underside of the car almost 100% used up!)?

Ideally, I would like to build a hidden fold up rear seat that would live in this newly created space but in reality it is unlikely that it would get very much use. Perhaps it is just an excuse to fabricate (or is that fornicate?).

THANK GOD I ran out of tequila a couple weeks ago or I would be telling you about the waterbead I just installed in the wagon. Now that I think about it - that would probably go a long way to addressing my traction issues.

Comment

Allen, remember the 62 Thunderbird Roadster conversion to make a two seater. That would be pretty cool although it leaves a lot of wasted space underneath....Still pretty cool
                        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 63 falcon
                          : : I don't know what the big deal is about the snow, I will trade you two hurricanes for 3 inches of snow ???
                          I'll take your 2 hurricanes and trade you 80" of snow like we get every year. ;)
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'll take everyone's snow over this dry arrid desert we live in! PM me and I'll send you my address to ship too! ;) :D ;D

Linda 8)

Comment

Just how easy it is to throw crap I've held on to versus moving it, again. One room down!

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin v2
                                Just how easy it is to throw crap I've held on to versus moving it, again. One room down!
                                great statement....I've said, when it's time to move, when it's time to pack up, and pick up, one wonders (when you find stuff you didn't even know you had)....why in the hell do I have this, and why am I carrying and moving it?....that's when it's time to get rid of whatever it is.....rexx

Comment

Working...
                                X