Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Should I take off all the old PT stickers off the truck or not? It's getting kind of "cluttered"
    I vote 'no', Bob. Those are the truck's trophies. They should stay put. Just ask Earl.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Well, kids, we will see you in Indy.
      Mel is coming with!

Now I just need to get the AC charged.

Bummed about Florida, but at least I still get to venture out for a few days!
      Andrew
      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• George-
        Matt was trying to get ahold of you about the Judge!!! I didn't have your number.
        Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
          George-
          Matt was trying to get ahold of you about the Judge!!! I didn't have your number.

Just PM me, I'm usually around......
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            I vote 'no', Bob. Those are the truck's trophies. They should stay put. Just ask Earl.
            I don't know Ed. Some of them are a little crooked and that bugs the heck out of me.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
              The pondering question of the day.........White car or Blue car? 14 days till departure, Hmmmm......AC that works good and cruise, 25 MPG, cruise 75-80 all day long, seat comfortable for the driver, or Marginal to no AC, no cruise, cruise @ 65, rough ride, 15 MPG seat comfortable for passenger. Both are prone to breaking down in some manner. White car easier to fix, Blue car more difficult to fix if needed.
              Blue car originally delivered to Daytona International Speedway for promotions during the 500 in 1992.
              George, there really shouldn't be any hesitation, the Grand Am just says Power Tour

a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• I can get you an Antonov-124 for a couple hundred grand - big enough for a carpool too.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Definitly the Can Am George. I love that car .
                  Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                    Well, kids, we will see you in Indy.
                    Mel is coming with!

Now I just need to get the AC charged.

Bummed about Florida, but at least I still get to venture out for a few days!
                    When are you coming through to Indy because that is where i'm joining the tour ?
                    Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

• So,I sit here wonder how much hell I would catch if the AC wasn't fixed this year...not in the mood, however, to fine out.
                      {Would prefer to keep Melanie around. She's too damn ammusing to watch changing a flat tire. I think she likes the 1/2" impact a little too much.}
                      Andrew

Comment

• Originally posted by 4dfide View Post
                        When are you coming through to Indy because that is where i'm joining the tour ?
                        I don't know yet. Mel had to work on the 7th, but I asked to see if she could take a half a day so we could get into Indy the night before, or be able to drive a good chunk into the night, find a hotel, and have a short drive into Indy the next morning.
                        Google says it's 10-ish hours to Indy. Puts me around 6-7 hours with the way I drive, plus I want to test how the toploader, 2.75 gears, and a mild 351c at 5000 RPM will feel on the highway.

I am planning on shooting down I 80 eastbound until Des Moines and take a different route than the #1 route suggested of going todavenport then head south.
                        Looking at wanting to try a route I've not taken before.

When were you headed out? Wednesday Morning?
                        Depending on where you are, any suggestions for a motel/hotel to stop off would be helpful.

Omaha, NE

1. Head west on Leavenworth St toward S 56th St

0.4 mi

2. Turn left onto S 60th St

2.0 mi

3. Take the ramp onto I-80 E Entering Iowa

128 mi

4. Take the I-35 N/I-80 E exit toward Chicago/Miminneapolis

0.3 mi

5. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Interstate 35 N/Interstate 80 E/Chicago/Minneapolis

0.8 mi

6. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-80 E/I-35 N/Chicago/Minnapolis and merge onto I-35 N/I-80 E Continue to follow I-80 E
                        Entering Illinois

193 mi

7. Continue onto I-74 E

113 mi

8. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-55 S/I-74 E/St Louis/Indianapolis and merge onto I-55 S/I-74 E Continue to follow I-74 E
                        Entering Indiana

166 mi

9. Continue onto US-136 W/Crawfordsville Rd

0.4 mi

10. Turn left onto N High School Rd

374 ft

11. Take the 1st right onto W 25th St

1.6 mi

12. Turn right onto Georgetown Rd

0.3 mi

13. Turn left onto 7th St

0.2 mi

14. 7th St turns right and becomes Hulman Blvd

0.2 mi

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
                        4790 W. 16th St.
                        Indianapolis, IN 46222

Driving directions to Indianapolis Motor Speedway
                        (317) 492-8500
                        Suggested route #3
                          9 hours 52 mins
                          I-80 E and I-74 E
                          605 mi

10 hours 9 mins
                          I-74 E
                          605 mi

[SIZE=2]- [COLOR=#4272db]more info
                        Andrew

Comment

• i would take the i-74 route on through if i were you. I live right off of I-80 and I-55 so we will take the back roads down to I-65 . We are leaving early on Wednesday morning. if you can make it as far as Illinois the night before then stop wouldn't be as tough on ya.PM me your phone number . better yet who has the list ?
                          Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

• Thinking Ed has the list? I will drop you a PM anyways.
                            Always good to be able to run with a group.
                            Andrew

Comment

• Where's Rett? (street72) Where's my ride? The countdown clock is ticking.... bags are backed....RETTTTTT !!!
                              [size=+1]Chuck
                              2011 HRPT Long Hauler
                              2012 HRPT Long Hauler
                              2013 HRPT Long Hauler "to be"

Comment

• How much I miss the events that were a given. Maxton, BRP tour and now PT . Any word on that card Matt? Woodlawn?
                                Last edited by Pumpkin; May 19, 2011, 12:48 AM.
                                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X