Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I was wrong too then.
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• I managed to spend the entire day in front of the TV. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Comment

• Evidently the Miss America pageant is on right now. As usual, I had no idea.

Comment

• Managed to get old transmission out. Managed to not get the car far enough off the ground. Managed to go to Sears six days after they went under. Did manage to get most of the fluid in the drain pan. Also managed to miss a bell housing bolt on both sides. Once again couldn't find any of my starter buttons so I had to turn the engine over with a screwdriver to undo the converter bolts. I might get stainless or similar bolts for the header collectors so they don't re-rust. Pissed that my "ceramic" headman headers are rusting. Good thing I didn't pay full retail for them. Planning on adding a transmission cooler as I have two of them lying around. My gauge should be here tomorrow. Got the electric one so I don't have to mess with unwieldy capillary tubes. Knocked off a u joint cap had to pick up the needle bearings and stuff them back in. Battery died despite trickle charger. Might need a new one. Harbor freight special from several years ago.

Comment

• Pondering as to why, if it weren't for bad luck, we wouldn't have any sometimes.....
            G'ma used to say if it weren't for the challenges in life, it wouldn't be any fun.... but, does it always have to be so much for so little???
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• My GMa used to say cute little things like that too. One I remember the most was(get out of my kitchen you little bastard) awe GMa!
              Last edited by pintoboy77; September 11, 2018, 12:03 PM.
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Think it was the morning of my 14th Bday. Home called to say Mom's mom passed the night before. She was the last one. Near the end she said we could ride horses if we were good. They didn't have horses since Mom was a kid.

Comment

• Pondering why the lockup switch that came with transmission looks like a floor dimmer switch. Of course it uses a blade connector and not the four prong plug that I have now. I think it is wired to the brake switch so the converter unlocks when you slow down. Transmission shop put it in. Gotta go buy another gallon of ATF.

Comment

• Went to put the TV corrector bracket on my fi tech tbi and found out it doesn't want to fit. My new cable bracket isn't either. The set screw that keeps it straight doesn't have enough meat on the carb base to do its job. Forgot how hard it is to get the dipstick in after the fact. Getting the lines back in was hard enough. Managed to forget how much fun it was the last time. Better than being at work I guess.

Comment

• Lars, hope your OK. As I recall you live pretty close to Lake Norman
                      nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                        Lars, hope your OK. As I recall you live pretty close to Lake Norman
                        Yes, doing great. Thanks.

Comment

• Pondering giving thanks for the safety and well being of our friends!
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Pondering, what is triggering these migraines.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                              Went to put the TV corrector bracket on my fi tech tbi and found out it doesn't want to fit. My new cable bracket isn't either. The set screw that keeps it straight doesn't have enough meat on the carb base to do its job. Forgot how hard it is to get the dipstick in after the fact. Getting the lines back in was hard enough. Managed to forget how much fun it was the last time. Better than being at work I guess.
                              Put a dab of quicksteel on the bracket. Will see if it helps. Tried a flexible dipstick but it will not go into the transmission. Fits snugly in the old 350. I don't think its a good idea to try to open the hole wider.

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X