No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its time to DO SOMETHING!!!! This staying at home BS( excuse the pun) is getting OLD! Not that I want ANYONE to get this virus and die,but how many peoples' businesses and hard work are going to be lost before enough is enough?
    Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
    Gregg and Deb Miller
    Verona, Wi.

Comment

• Originally posted by convss View Post
      Its time to DO SOMETHING!!!! This staying at home BS( excuse the pun) is getting OLD! Not that I want ANYONE to get this virus and die,but how many peoples' businesses and hard work are going to be lost before enough is enough?
      What do you value more? life, or material things, only you know the answer to this.

Comment

• What I am pondering is how a company that just Jan. 15th stated NO over time. No matter what, has done a 180 and now it is work as much as you like. Yes, I see it as being blessed to be in this boat while many others are sinking, but the swiftness of that 180 change in plan on O/T. I still find weird .
        We have a shower at work so I have a sleeping bag and pillow, work 12 then sleep 3, then work 12, then sleep 3 or 4 hours, rinse and repeat.

Comment

• It's time to end this hoax and get back to work...…….....
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• I'm working in the office one week and then from home the next. We have to wear face masks when we're in the building. I can't wait to retire.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• With Tammy being laid off permanently, I am getting tires of this media hoax.... 4 1/2 years ago, I had to start another career.... Now, she is dealing with it!?!?! all we can do is pray to God for a bit of sunshine....
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                ... all we can do is pray to God for a bit of sunshine....
                Hopefully you can find that Sunshine! I’m fortunate in that I am mostly retired, as is my wife. I am furloughed from my PT job, but can survive without it. Many others, like you, are not as fortunate and really have to buckle down and pray for this to end soon.
                I am not letting this keep me completely tied to home. I go out when I need to & buy what I need as needed. Still have to be careful, it’s not a free-for-all. I am the only one who leaves, The wife and our 4 kiddos stay at home.
                '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                79 Trans Am project
                ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• We are going out as needed here, just being careful especially when transporting my mom to her appointment.
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    With Tammy being laid off permanently, I am getting tires of this media hoax.... 4 1/2 years ago, I had to start another career.... Now, she is dealing with it!?!?! all we can do is pray to God for a bit of sunshine....
                    Hang in there Patrick, I know for myself many times I thought " what the heck I can't get a foot forward " but remind myself I'm really not completely in charge and I can't see the big picture, somehow it seems to work out. My few words of wisdom.
                    Last edited by corvettedad; May 14, 2020, 06:43 PM.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Now for some pondering, I have the tubular A-arms bolted on the Pala and all the brake stuff plus the engine sitting in front of the Pala, and after an very painful inflamed trigger finger for the last month I wonder if I'll get it all together in time.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                        Now for some pondering, I have the tubular A-arms bolted on the Pala and all the brake stuff plus the engine sitting in front of the Pala, and after an very painful inflamed trigger finger for the last month I wonder if I'll get it all together in time.
                        You can do it, Perry!
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

... I wonder if I'll get it all together in time.
                          Actually, there is a wondering thread but can we assume that this is the reason that they moved the start of the tour this year?

Comment

Hang in there Patrick, I know for myself many times I thought " what the heck I can't get a foot forward " but remind myself I'm really not completely in charge and I can't see the big picture, somehow it seems to work out. My few words of wisdom.
                            Thanks for the encouragement, I'll be sure to pass it on! As for the Iron Maiden... You got this!
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• The 10+yr old Holley carb on the TA is crap... rebuild, replace (I prefer Edelbrock personally) or swap to EFI?
                              '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                              '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                              79 Trans Am project
                              ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
                                The 10+yr old Holley carb on the TA is crap... rebuild, replace (I prefer Edelbrock personally) or swap to EFI?
                                Thinking about trying a street demon on my next project...: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dem-1903
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X