Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Pondering getting the snow blower out tomorrow.
    Ours is in the shed next to the garage ready to go. I just have to stretch an extension cord out there to start it.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Mine wouldn't idle last year. Luckily didn't need it that bad. 26* tomorrow but no snow.

Comment

• Pondering how a toilet just cost me $2k.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
          Pondering how a toilet just cost me $2k.
          Gold and Pearl inlays add up quickly!

Comment

Pondering how a toilet just cost me $2k.
            That's some expensive shit - literally.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• They still have to dig up the garage floor to fix the iron pipe. Brother won't call insurance company to get the repairs approved.

Comment

• What a crappy deal.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Copper water line under the floor (ceiling of finished basement) is dripping and made a hole in the drop ceiling. I think its a feed line from that runs to the half bath down there. I wonder if JB weld or something would work. Might even have some lying around.
                  Last edited by stu yoakam; January 11, 2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Just explained that they won't do the work until they hear from him/insurance. Maybe now something will get done? May have to stay in a motel for a day or two.

Comment

Copper water line under the floor (ceiling of finished basement) is dripping and made a hole in the drop ceiling. I think its a feed line from that runs to the half bath down there. I wonder if JB weld or something would work. Might even have some lying around.
                      Just remembered I have some flex seal wonder crap somewhere. Worth a try I guess.

Comment

• When you get a new battery, don't leave it in the trunk when you take the old one out. Odd the hatch doesn't have a manual release or key hole. Had to get into the trunk through the back seat.

Comment

• Pondering why no one told me they changed my schedule when I just had a meeting with the store manager yesterday. Schedules are written two weeks ahead. I go to work and they tell me to come back in five hours. Nothing to do when everything is closed at eleven. Not to mention the meeting was about working at night while the store is closed instead of during the day.

Comment

• Oh it was just a mistake. Don't worry about it.

Comment

Copper water line under the floor (ceiling of finished basement) is dripping and made a hole in the drop ceiling. I think its a feed line from that runs to the half bath down there. I wonder if JB weld or something would work. Might even have some lying around.
                              We used a GatorBITE hose to fix a similar problem, cut out the leaking 90 degree pipe and used the flex hose to replace. That drop ceiling material gets nasty when wet!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	20210111_105031.jpg Views:	0 Size:	599.5 KB ID:	1287056 Its sheet rock on the bottom and some cardboard looking stuff on the side over a wood frame. Metal angle iron on the edge and popcorn texture over white paint. There is an air duct and iron pipe and a couple wires that resemble a cord. I imagine one copper pipe is hot and the other cold. Hole is in bedroom with half bath next door. The pipes t up to the kitchen and over to the bathroom. One t is dripping and the other is suspect. I made the hole bigger but the wood frame and iron pipe are still there. I did use my harbor freight wall hole saw to cut out the side for better access and visibility. The drop is maybe six inches and the pipe is up where the ceiling would be without the air duct. Don't want to cut the frame but will if I have to.
                                The guy no showed Friday and then different guy said fifteen minutes late and no showed yesterday. Rescheduled for Tomorrow but not too hopeful. HomeAdvisor used to be good. Hired door guys and roof company through them. Ass hats sent email wanting a review. Gave a three out of ten I think.
                                I put spray crap on it but of course it wasn't enough. Didn't turn the water off so maybe that would have helped. If it wasn't in such a bad spot and a t fitting I might jack with it myself but don't want to burn the house down. Drip is annoying but a full blown leak would be a lot worse. New low temp of 54*. Wall is foundation block halfway up. Could use some insulation.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by stu yoakam; February 2, 2021, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X