No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting told I need a new phone because Sprint is being erased from existence and no longer supported after the end of the year. Phone is 4g. Don't see why you couldn't just change the sim card to T-Mobile or something. Currently using ting mobile. Could try switching to mint or whatever. Phone was basically free and a new battery cost $40 a couple months ago. Not paying $200 for a new one.

Comment

• Well mint says my phone isn't VoLTE only LTE so it won't work with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
        Getting told I need a new phone because Sprint is being erased from existence and no longer supported after the end of the year. Phone is 4g. Don't see why you couldn't just change the sim card to T-Mobile or something. Currently using ting mobile. Could try switching to mint or whatever. Phone was basically free and a new battery cost $40 a couple months ago. Not paying $200 for a new one.
        man it's been a while, but the thing used to be CDMA vs. GSM. Carriers like Verizon didn't use SIM cards. I don't think that has been the case in a while... so yeah, in theory, you pop a SIM in it from another carrier and you're on your way. Maybe one way to check is if you have another phone or buddy phone that you can pop that SIM card in and see if the phone works? Worth a shot. 5G isn't really a thing worth buying a new phone over yet, despite the aliens attempts at mind control via 5G. I can say this about T-Mobile. Their service sucks at least as bad as every other major providers does in this state. Coverage sucks. I'd almost be tempted to try a burn phone on whatever cheapest service is because they probably use everyone's towers and your coverage probably has a snowball's chance. Example, I-45 is one of the biggest veins in this state and I can't get 100% coverage from one end to the other driving from Dallas to Houston.

Good luck with all that. I'm close to going back to a potato phone... if they would put decent audio chips in them, I believe I would.
        Last edited by Beagle; July 20, 2021, 11:43 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
          Well mint says my phone isn't VoLTE only LTE so it won't work with them.
          without turning into the things I'm bitching about today, LTE was supposed to mean LONG TERM Evolution. What is that in phone time, 3 years? :| shutting up now.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Ordered a part on the 11th. Was supposed to be here yesterday but now today. Direct from China or some BS. Look at the tracking and it went from KCMO to KCK and back to KCMO before coming to Lawrence.

Comment

• Whose my girlfriend been talking to?
              I have been getting a lot of emails from folks trying to help me get larger!

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  Whose my girlfriend been talking to?
                  I have been getting a lot of emails from folks trying to help me get larger!
                  Pretty funny, wait till you start getting packages in the mail in non discreet packaging.
                  Donna
                  Williamston, MI
                  Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Got "demoted" at work in November. They just last week got around to changing my job title on the company website. This week I got a .75 cent pay cut. Technically understandable but I had just gotten a 20 or 25 cent raise like a month ago. Also if it took them that long to figure it out its on them and with all the worker shortages and people asking for higher minimum wage its BS. Especially without even talking to you about it hoping you don't notice I guess. Looks like they raised shift pay from a dollar to a dollar fifty so they have to get that back some how.Plus wasting three million on a mostly worthless remodel so they can bitch about money for the next five years. We have more online customers all the time and could be looking at another lockdown at some point so who cares about the building.

Comment

• Off this week for the first time in three months and of course its 100 in the shade all week. Really need to mow the grass and clean the gutters and cut down all the saplings AGAIN. Had some root killer somewhere but it was years old when I got it. I did get a new chain for my saw a while back. Was thinking about getting gutter screens installed. People down the street got some recently. Really only need the front ones the back isn't a problem. Gutters were nine hundred a couple years ago so covers shouldn't be so bad. House is straight 25x50. Nothing fancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post

Pretty funny, wait till you start getting packages in the mail in non discreet packaging.
                        Damnit, this screams a scene from Austin Powers

Andrew
                        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Danger is my middle name. I forgot about the throttle not opening all the way on the el camino. Might explain lack of power and shifting problem. Read there are different length cables. I did put a new one on at some point and changed to the fitech tbi.

Comment

• https://kansascity.craigslist.org/ct...369246720.html Under different circumstances this would be tempting.

Comment

• Just thinking that tomorrow's stop is the same place I have been to twice already and even stayed at the same Motel 6 in the same room both times. One more reason not to care if I go or not.

Comment

• Decided its too far to drive just to spend maybe two hours at the show before giving up due to the heat. 92* and 62% humidity. We'll wait and see about next year. Want to get the 71 going before next month's olmarais.com River Run. Greaserama is Labor Day weekend. https://www.revitupcarshow.org/ www.basehorcarshow.com
                                Last edited by stu yoakam; August 26, 2021, 04:31 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

Comment

Working...
                                X