X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I ordered the wrong part.

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
      Put a driveshaft loop in the Lightning the other day. Could Drag Week be in our future for next year?
      My 78 caprice had a bar under the driveshaft. It held up when I pulled the engine and transmission without taking the driveshaft out.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
        I think I ordered the wrong part.
        They called and said it will take three weeks to get a part so I told them to cancel. Show and cruise time will be over soon anyway and I can continue to not drive the car for another nine months.

Comment

• As my knee replacement gets closer my pondering of the surgery & the recovery time involved gets more complicated. A small list of things that I wanted to get done before I go in on Wednesday is starting to look more & more like it will not. Don't think that they are going to let me have a drink or two for the Marine Corps birthday that evening since they are keeping me overnight. And of course it will kind of screw up Veterans Day too. Oh well, I have been waiting since early August for November 10th so I sure as hell am not going to the back of the line now. I guess that I will be finding out what it's all about shortly.
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Good luck to ya

Comment

• Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
              As my knee replacement gets closer my pondering of the surgery & the recovery time involved gets more complicated. A small list of things that I wanted to get done before I go in on Wednesday is starting to look more & more like it will not. Don't think that they are going to let me have a drink or two for the Marine Corps birthday that evening since they are keeping me overnight. And of course it will kind of screw up Veterans Day too. Oh well, I have been waiting since early August for November 10th so I sure as hell am not going to the back of the line now. I guess that I will be finding out what it's all about shortly.
              Semper Fortis My Brother from another Mother.... This old Squid will tip one in your honor! You'll make up for it after recovery!

Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Reflecting on this Veteran's Day.... I have had hundreds, if not thousands Thank me for my service....
                I wish that I could possibly explain to them that I am never alone in my efforts to provide and secure their God given
                right of freedom... First of all I have to Include God himself in the credit for what I am, Next, I have to thank my
                Immediate Family for the Ideals that they taught me...I followed the footsteps of all of my Uncles on My family tree who
                served under the same oath that I took.... and will never be relieved ofthe responsibilities that come with it!
                My Uncles Richard, Norbert, Melvim, Herbert, Harold and Tom... Then, I must thank my Cousins that also set the example
                for me to follow... Richard, Steven, and Randy. Next would be my adopted uncles, which included the Legionares and VFW
                members of Preston Iowa Who also passed on the mantle of responsibility upon me.... After I took the oath,I followed the
                example of those whose path I followed.... I lost several brothers along my enlistment, many of whom I will never forget!
                Those whom have not fallen, have my six, just as I have theirs! I only wish that I could pass these thankyous for my
                service onto each and every one of them! The best I can say to all of you is while thanking me for my service, is to thank
                you for being someone who is truly worth serving, as all to many have forgotten this simple idea: Thes United States are the
                Home of the Free, BECAUSE of the Brave! All Gave Some, BUT, Some Gave ALL! Many returned Home, But, we must remember that
                Many will never be returning, and More will never completely return, and have to live with the wounds that either never heal,
                or those that are unseen but, never heal... May God Bless You all on this day that he has created and allowed us to enjoy!
                Last edited by silver_bullet; November 11, 2021, 08:10 AM.
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• And to you also Patrick.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Why does Medicare open enrollment end on Pearl Harbor day?

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      Reflecting on this Veteran's Day.... I have had hundreds, if not thousands Thank me for my service....
                      I wish that I could possibly explain to them that I am never alone in my efforts to provide and secure their God given
                      right of freedom... First of all I have to Include God himself in the credit for what I am, Next, I have to thank my
                      Immediate Family for the Ideals that they taught me...I followed the footsteps of all of my Uncles on My family tree who
                      served under the same oath that I took.... and will never be relieved ofthe responsibilities that come with it!
                      My Uncles Richard, Norbert, Melvim, Herbert, Harold and Tom... Then, I must thank my Cousins that also set the example
                      for me to follow... Richard, Steven, and Randy. Next would be my adopted uncles, which included the Legionares and VFW
                      members of Preston Iowa Who also passed on the mantle of responsibility upon me.... After I took the oath,I followed the
                      example of those whose path I followed.... I lost several brothers along my enlistment, many of whom I will never forget!
                      Those whom have not fallen, have my six, just as I have theirs! I only wish that I could pass these thankyous for my
                      service onto each and every one of them! The best I can say to all of you is while thanking me for my service, is to thank
                      you for being someone who is truly worth serving, as all to many have forgotten this simple idea: Thes United States are the
                      Home of the Free, BECAUSE of the Brave! All Gave Some, BUT, Some Gave ALL! Many returned Home, But, we must remember that
                      Many will never be returning, and More will never completely return, and have to live with the wounds that either never heal,
                      or those that are unseen but, never heal... May God Bless You all on this day that he has created and allowed us to enjoy!
                      What he said. (Just a bit late but I have gotten lots & lots of sleep the last couple of days.)
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Did anyone enter the Vice Grip Garage contest? The winner gets Derek to come out and work on a project for a day or two. Also first and second prize gets O'reilly's gift cards of a thousand dollars or so. IDK if its filmed for YouTube or not.

Comment

• Got the Pala back on the rack and I'm pondering what it's going to be the converter or the tranny.
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Drop the pan and roll the dice
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                              Did anyone enter the Vice Grip Garage contest? The winner gets Derek to come out and work on a project for a day or two. Also first and second prize gets O'reilly's gift cards of a thousand dollars or so. IDK if its filmed for YouTube or not.
                              Wasn’t aware there was a contest... would’ve entered if I had known. Certainly could use the assistance!
                              '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                              '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                              79 Trans Am project
                              ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• We're dropping the GTO off at the bodyshop today. I'm pondering how long it will be there.
                                I R Bob
                                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X