Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Where did you guys buy your 200-4r’s from? I will need a mild performance build.
    Bought mine in Independence, Mo. not sure if he still has transmission shop.

Comment

• Got one in 2012 at a swap meet from a shop in MO but the converter quit on PT in Joplin and I had to get towed. Don't trust rebuilt generic converters. IIRC that one was $700 but that was a long time ago and a stock rebuild. Hot Rod Garage said they paid $900 for a used one at a junkyard to use for temporary mockup in their Grand Trashional. www.lizardtransmission.com says $1795 for 600 HP. Should have converter and dipstick, TV cable etc... My car probably only has 250 give or take. Stuff slides around in the bed if you get on it.

Comment

• Got second shot yesterday. May or may not be why I feel bad. Had bad leg cramps last night. I will be 45 this year so some of it comes with old age. Getting pressured to schedule vacation time by the eighth. I have no idea what I will be doing or what will not get cancelled or rescheduled. Rocky mountain raceweek is in Great Bend KS in June. Has anyone been to https://kustomkempsofamerica.com/salina.htm ? I was going to check it out a few years ago until it go cancelled.

Comment

• Stu- wish I was 45, wait till ya get old like many of us Bangshifter's.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
            Got second shot yesterday. May or may not be why I feel bad. Had bad leg cramps last night. I will be 45 this year so some of it comes with old age.
            Drink more water, lots of water. Especially after 2nd shot and boosters if you go that far. Makes a big difference. Vitamin D3 will help with leg/muscle cramps too.
            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
            79 Trans Am project
            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Yep, drink a least a gallon every 24-hours, pound Zinc and D3.

Comment

• 330 people on bangshift right now of which 7 are signed in members - what does that mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  330 people on bangshift right now of which 7 are signed in members - what does that mean?
                  Might mean you, me and 5 others are officially here, the rest are just snooping around...
                  '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                  '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                  79 Trans Am project
                  ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• "Guests" are able to navigate the forum and read everything. But, in order to post, they need to be registered members.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                      "Guests" are able to navigate the forum and read everything. But, in order to post, they need to be registered members.

Yeah I know - it was more a comment about many lurkers / or members that didn't bother to log in. Seemed pretty lopsided to me

Comment

• There’s a lot more Former Freaks than Forum Freaks these days. Too bad.
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

There’s a lot more Former Freaks than Forum Freaks these days. Too bad.
                          ba
                          So are we so pitiful that we don't have anywhere better to hang out

OR

are we so hard core / bad to the bone that we can't abandon our hang out.

Seems, perhaps, I shouldn't drink so much

Comment

• I think Facebook has taken the place of this for many. So many newbies on FB that think they can't do power tour unless they have a Gold or platinum package. I like this group better. We need to get some new BS shirts. Chad had one of this week when we were watching on Sick Week.
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

There’s a lot more Former Freaks than Forum Freaks these days. Too bad.
                              I had my FREAKS shirt non yesterday getting in the mood.
                              Yes I went Gold for the PT. Arthritic knee and my partner in crime had a knee replacement.

nick

Comment

• First ride and current 3 time ride.

Nick
                                Last edited by nickleone; February 14, 2022, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X