No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosely planning on going to Salina for the show in July. Have never been but its four days with racing shows an auction and live music. https://kustomkempsofamerica.com/events.htm Was going to go before but everything got cancelled.

Comment

• I think cruise night was cancelled last night due to some kind of a basketball game or something.

Comment

• I guess we're getting all the April showers.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Need to put the trash and recycling out but 30-45 mph wind until one AM. Still in the 30s in April.

Comment

• Pondering how crappy the weather has been lately. Going to be a late Spring as far as getting the cars out.
            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Ya thinking that same thing here in Michigan. We have had maybe 2 descent days so far. Yesterday was finally a great day but rainy and stormy again today. Haven't had either of the old cars out yet.
              Donna
              Williamston, MI
              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Last day of the month to earn fuel points or use last months. Dillons/Kroger fuel savings program. Only been using half a tank all month and car only holds ten or twelve gallons. Less than a quarter left this time. Need to fill up the mower and gas cans. Maybe put some in the old car. Have to check to see how much is in it.

Comment

• I'm pondering why the Solstice actually gets better mileage with the top down?
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                    Last day of the month to earn fuel points or use last months. Dillons/Kroger fuel savings program. Only been using half a tank all month and car only holds ten or twelve gallons. Less than a quarter left this time. Need to fill up the mower and gas cans. Maybe put some in the old car. Have to check to see how much is in it.
                    We’ll miss out on earning our BPme discount this month too. Didn’t need enough fuel to hit the minimum purchase requirement for the month. Too many cold wet days to use up enough gas
                    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                    79 Trans Am project
                    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Old car had a full tank. Filled DD and two cans and only needed thirteen gallons.

Comment

• Pondering why animals crap indoors. Fifteen years no problem but now the floor of my tool shed is covered in it. Bad enough when they chewed the cord on my pressure washer and ate the seat out of a camp chair. Also I noticed the paint is wearing off the roof tin and needs the treatment. Biggest swap meet of the year is this week and nothing on craigslist about it.

Comment

• Pondering why people are being taken out of town to hospitals when we just opened a new facility here in town and there's nothing wrong with the old one that I am aware of. Two people shot each other last night in a parking lot and the one that didn't die right away did so after being taken to a hospital an hour away. Remind me not to need any serious medical treatment.

Comment

• Pondering Carb fitment issues on the TA. Old Holley double it came to me with is shot. We thought a Demon would work as it has same height/width dimensions. That’s a no go due to linkage contact on the performer intake. Tried a small riser to clear linkage, but now shaker contacts hood so it won’t close all the way.
                            test fit of an old edelbrock says go... but do I just get a new Holley double like it used to have(so we know it fits) or go to the Edelbrock which I have always found easier to adjust?
                            Maybe a holley street performer instead of a double ?
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5510.jpg Views:	0 Size:	475.1 KB ID:	1319285
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5546.jpg Views:	0 Size:	457.4 KB ID:	1319283
                            Last edited by Redline04; May 21, 2022, 10:04 AM.
                            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                            79 Trans Am project
                            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Could this work? : https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...lacement/:huh:
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• BTW .... Happy Birthday Bernie Wagner!

50 Years Young!!
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X