No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Yoakam is playing next week. On vacation so could go but not paying $$ when all that's left is seats at the back and its two plus hours drive each way. Went to the same show a few years ago and that's all I did-drove straight there and back. There's a Horton Heat show next month but with two other bands listed IDK who is the opener/closer. Not interested in the other two or being out all night. I hate sitting around waiting for bands to change out on stage.

Comment

• Got told my grass is a foot high. Haven't mowed in a month and its not even two inches. Not my fault the city won't take my tree branches. Same two right by the curb for IDK how long. They just drive by even though we pay them to take it. Three guys in the truck on at least one occasion. Can't burn anything-its a fire hazard. Wanted a wood chipper but would only use it once or twice. Too $$.

Comment

• Sort of a rhetorical question... Are brake drums supposed to match?
        Removed as part of the rear axle clean up I'm puttering around with. Brakes look great, so just cleaned them up. Noticed one seemed to weigh more than the other, so put'em on a scale. One is 13.4# the other 14.4#
        And the axle ends don't match either. Guess this is definitely a hybrid project car.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20221013_164336.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	694.8 KB
ID:	1327492 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221015_213832.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	917.4 KB
ID:	1327493 Click image for larger version

Name:	20221015_213952.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	1,014.1 KB
ID:	1327494
        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
        79 Trans Am project
        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Looks like a replacement axle. Dual bolt pattern maybe? My Yukon axles have holes for screw in studs and press in. One of my drums is the smooth older style and the other is finned. Changed around 69 or 70. El Camino is a 71 not sure what the 12 bolt is out of.

Comment

• Definitely replacement stuff. The factory Trans Am axle would have been a 10 bolt. This is a 12 bolt from unknown source. Bolt pattern used on the left side is stock TA (chevy) 5x4-3/4. All the holes are smooth, so all press-in style studs.
            Working on searching details on the casting & stamped numbers I found on the axle.
            79 Trans Am project
            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Pondering how one mouse can eat two trays of rat poison and not die right away. Also trying internet suggestions like raisins and artificial sweetener. They also claim pet rats can't eat chocolate but that is total BS because it ate four bags of peanut m&ms. Have to get more pellets just in case. Green blocks were still around untouched from last year until I put peanut butter on them and they disappeared. SOB got out of two light weight glue boards and is too smart for the heavy duty ones. Too big for the trap door on a bucket trap. Knocked the door off and hung from its back feet to reach the bait.

Comment

• Had to get a wireless mouse for the computer. POS chewed the cord off keyboard and three mice. One was brand new. Pondering if I can shoot it with a bb/pellet gun or would that be too dangerous indoors? Know better than to use .22 but it's tempting.

Comment

• Pondering adding overdrive to a couple of the cars. None of our vintage cars have OD and with the speed limit of 80 on some interstates it’s needed. But, $$$$.
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                    Pondering adding overdrive to a couple of the cars. None of our vintage cars have OD and with the speed limit of 80 on some interstates it’s needed. But, $$$$.
                    We put a 200 4R in the Cutlass and it made a world of difference. Better mileage and it runs cooler.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

We put a 200 4R in the Cutlass and it made a world of difference. Better mileage and it runs cooler.
                      That’s the same conversion I’m looking at for the Olds 403 in my ‘79 TA. Probably a year or 2 away yet, but part of the plan.
                      79 Trans Am project
                      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• My Buicks all have 401 nailheads so you need an adapter that’s kind of hokey to go with the OD transmission. I do have one adapter but that’s been the delay. Bob, what gears are in the Olds?
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                          My Buicks all have 401 nailheads so you need an adapter that’s kind of hokey to go with the OD transmission. I do have one adapter but that’s been the delay. Bob, what gears are in the Olds?
                          I believe it's a 3.08 but I can't remember off the top of my head.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

That’s the same conversion I’m looking at for the Olds 403 in my ‘79 TA. Probably a year or 2 away yet, but part of the plan.
                            IIRC mine was $1700 from Florida. It was advertised at 6 or 7 hundred hp. Came with speedometer gear and converter. Summit and others wanted $2400 and those are extra. And that's for a stock rebuild/reman. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180910_130337.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	915.5 KB
ID:	1331175 https://lizardtransmission.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                              Had to get a wireless mouse for the computer. POS chewed the cord off keyboard and three mice. One was brand new. Pondering if I can shoot it with a bb/pellet gun or would that be too dangerous indoors? Know better than to use .22 but it's tempting.
                              Ruined game controller and charge cords for phone and other controller. Also door cables on dishwasher and possibly hose because either that or the ice maker is leaking. It ate two cookies with comet on them and three bait blocks with peanut butter. Working on its third package of rat X. Ate at least one dishwasher pack and a toilet bleach tablet with hot cocoa mix on it. Not to mention four or five bags of peanut m&ms.

Comment

• There are so few of us left here ...

Comment

Working...
                                X