No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I guess only those of us that have no where better to be!

Comment

• But the Forum Freaks did have a good run!
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Honestly, I am really sad that forums like this are slowly dying out. I'm in my 20s, the height of the millennial generation and even I CANNOT STAND Facebook. There is no way to archive things, there are no stickies, there's no way to break things out by topic - it's just complete chaos. You can't put together a cohesive build thread on the stupid thing, and you've just got to hope that whatever question you have is one of the recently discussed topics or you'll have to ask about it for the 478th time and get blasted by the group regulars who are sick of hearing "When is PowerTour?" or "Can I drive X?". It also feels like the Facebook groups are way more toxic, which is ironic considering that most people use their actual real-life name on Facebook.

Don't even get me started on Facebook marketplace.
        HRPT 2016 - OKC, Wichita, KC
        HRPT 2017- KC, Newton, Davenport
        HRPT 2022 - Memphis, Nashville, Hoover, Pensacola

Comment

• Pondering who would pay $590 plus fees for a "VIP" concert ticket that doesn't even include a meet & greet or photo with the band, only a special poster. And you get first dibs on the merch table.

Comment

• I'm still here.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• So am I! I ain't goin' anywhere...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I can’t stand Farcebook either. But I will say the last 3 times I had parts to sell they sold there in under one hour, Craigslist would have taken weeks or months. I would not be there if it wasn’t for nailhead parts.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• This is the only place you'll find me!
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

We put a 200 4R in the Cutlass and it made a world of difference. Better mileage and it runs cooler.
                    I would love it if they made adapters and controllers to put the ten speeds in older cars. A manual would be nice but my knee and hip stated nope, after driving a 2021 Camaro with a stick on a trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by PacerRacer View Post
                      Honestly, I am really sad that forums like this are slowly dying out. I'm in my 20s, the height of the millennial generation and even I CANNOT STAND Facebook. There is no way to archive things, there are no stickies, there's no way to break things out by topic - it's just complete chaos. You can't put together a cohesive build thread on the stupid thing, and you've just got to hope that whatever question you have is one of the recently discussed topics or you'll have to ask about it for the 478th time and get blasted by the group regulars who are sick of hearing "When is PowerTour?" or "Can I drive X?". It also feels like the Facebook groups are way more toxic, which is ironic considering that most people use their actual real-life name on Facebook.

Don't even get me started on Facebook marketplace.
                      It is sad, Guess it is different for each forum, but the brand/make (chevy/ford/dodge) or the model (Camaro, Mustang,Nova) forums died because of much of the regulars. The phase " use the search function" all the time stopped many from posting asking questions. They either leave or do start using the search and the post count drops to nil and with little traffic, no one "checks in".
                      The other problem was some could do no wrong, while others would get tossed. This was not lost on most so they slowly stopped returning to the page.
                      I hate facebook, Don't use it. Most the local cruise nights and car clubs, now use F/B "groups" instead of having a web site. I get it free, is cheaper than running a web page.
                      Problems many forums had or have, Was they treated it like a group of friends and treated some very coldly. and regulars became well, ever hear the phase, rules for thy,but not for me. That happens . What they should have been like is your job, you don't have to like everyone at your job, but you have to deal and interact with them. Forums in the they peak did not do this, If the regulars didn't care for you, you got the cold shoulder and hate. So those folks leave, and those that lurk watch it unfold time and time again. Smart people tell themselves "I don't want any part of that" So they don't join or post. or only join to get the information needed and don't post.
                      I am here because it popped up when I searched power tour on google. I am somewhat surprised that after the F/B mess of collecting members data, there was not a rebirth of traffic at forums. Guess people have thrown in the towel and just understand their information will be collected and used and can't fight it.
                      I have a few forums book marked that are for vehicle models I own, I have not joined any of them , I lurk and search when I need an answer. Why because the regulars tell/post on most threads, "use the search" Instead of answering the question.
                      What was the story here, what slowed traffic here?

Comment

• I am pondering why I have to drink two bottles of this wicked crap to only keep me up all night and crap my brains out, so they can stick a camera where the sun don't shine and another one down my throat. Berry flavor ya, right.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020 mustang View Post
                          I am pondering why I have to drink two bottles of this wicked crap to only keep me up all night and crap my brains out, so they can stick a camera where the sun don't shine and another one down my throat. Berry flavor ya, right.
                          Been there, thanks to digestive issues. Only offered me a lemon flavor packet. No matter, got to Guzzle that syrup like crap like slamming a beer. One 12oz glass every 15 minutes til it’s gone. Nasty after taste easy to forget once the other end kicks in. Good news (??) Don’t have to do it again for 5-7 yrs
                          '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                          '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                          79 Trans Am project
                          ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• If chili doesn't have beans in it - what are chili beans for?

Comment

• Thinks I am pondering today, Would we have been better off as humans without the advent of the computer.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                                If chili doesn't have beans in it - what are chili beans for?
                                For everyone that doesn't live in Texas. The only chili without beans, goes on a hot dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X