No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.youtube.com/@PoleBarnGarage wouldn't want that thing. Reminds me of Gone in 60 Seconds when they stole a car and swapped all the vin #s and locks off a wrecked one.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
      Definitely not the car I would want to have to build from just a VIN tag, that's for sure. I've seen it done with super rare Chevelles and Road Runners ect., but I would think it would be really difficult to find a good donor car for a Torino, and there is much less aftermarket support. Cool car, and I hope some crazy millionaire finds it so it can live again.
      HRPT 2016 - OKC, Wichita, KC
      HRPT 2017- KC, Newton, Davenport
      HRPT 2022 - Memphis, Nashville, Hoover, Pensacola

Comment

• Seen a few plates on cars lately with the paint eaten off of them. IDK if the paint is defective or what? Mine is eight or so years old and never had a problem.
        I am off next week so of course it's going to rain all week. Everything happens at the same time. NASCAR races in KC this weekend as well as our big swap meet at the fairgrounds, car shows, and cruise nights. Plus its the only time I could go to the drive in theater if I really wanted to go.

Comment

• The big Kansas avenue car show/cruise night is usually this weekend, but I can't find anything about it on the internet.
          Emailed the radio station and they said it will be in August this year. Not sure if that is better or worse. I am busy with the swap meet anyway.
          Last edited by stu yoakam; May 5, 2023, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• I want to see Midland but the closest show is a five hour drive to St. Louis and they are the opening act/guest. Plus I don't do stadium shows. That's a lot of time and $ for an hour or less of show and probably an overnight stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
              I want to see Midland but the closest show is a five hour drive to St. Louis and they are the opening act/guest. Plus I don't do stadium shows. That's a lot of time and $ for an hour or less of show and probably an overnight stay.
              I'd like to see them too but I don't think they're coming anywhere around here either.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Looks like they are opening for Jon Pardi who is ok but not a favorite. I think they should play with Mike and the Moonpies who I have seen before. They are playing an outdoor show here in August and it's only $15.

Comment

• Have you seen the ads for Temu? Your first purchase is super cheap/free. I imagine after that they spam you for years wanting you to buy more crap.

Comment

• Dwight Yoakam was in town for my Bday last night. BS ticketmaster fees are one thing but $20 for parking is ridiculous. Not even mentioned on the website. Probably why I haven't been there in twenty years.

Comment

• So Stu - where do you live? $20 a day parking is CHEAP in a lot of places!

Comment

• Not for the day just one concert. They only mention VIP parking on the site, not regular.

Comment

• Who wants to watch the drag races in 100* heat this weekend? Demo derby is tonight and tomorrow night at the county fair. Rides and games are all geared toward young people though. I can actually go this year due to work schedule. Someone else is taking time off later in the week so I get to work 5+ days in a row.

Comment

• Pondering why the lights on the chevy were on last night. It was only the front park lights. The switch was off so I had to unhook the battery.

Comment

• We are home from the Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals and I love how I still smell Nitro and Rubber hours later! 74 degrees and great weather!
                              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• The voluntary anonymous employee satisfaction survey is mandatory and you have to log on with your ID to make sure you get paid for taking it.

Comment

Working...
                                X