Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I am pondering today

Do the Chinease have bean counters or do they only care about grains of rice?
    Do you think that by saving 13 cents on hardware they make their products price competitive?
    Do you think that they paint their shop equipment prison orange as a subliminal message to keep you from going postal?

I have an intense love/hate relationship with Harbor Freight. It is hard to justify buying snap-on quality tools for something that I might use once a year or 6 times in my entire life yet the thought of having to increase my medical coverage before using their crap is a paradox that I continue to struggle with.

Oh well, as soon as the FedEx guy gets here today I can move on to my next project and find something else to rant about.

Re: Things I am pondering today

It's my Friday, I think I'm still suffering from a bit of Jet Lag in the evenings, will enough of the snow melt off or at least not get more to do some work on the T-bird and maybe take the Skylark out for some driving on the already balding rear tires..... Just have to get through today.

Also what is it going to be like heading up my own department....New challenges await.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
      Do the Chinease have bean counters or do they only care about grains of rice?
      Do you think that by saving 13 cents on hardware they make their products price competitive?
      Do you think that they paint their shop equipment prison orange as a subliminal message to keep you from going postal?
      Those are indeed thought provoking questions Allen.
      And they are worthy of serious answers, but I can't help you there.
      :D

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
      .. what is it going to be like heading up my own department....New challenges await.
      Oh, way more challenging than you can even speculate.
      Just the people issues alone will have you banging your head against a rock ... a BIG rock !!
      But good luck Randal, I'm sure you will do fine.
      ;)

Comment

Why do I still live in Ohio? Man I hate snow. >
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

If it's going to be this cold 25* right now, I'd at least like to see some snow. It's a rarity here :P.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
            Why do I live on ~ 41 degrees latitude, whether Mentor Ohio or Wayne NJ. Its becoming clearer that I am really a 27.5 degree man.........which just happens to be the latitude of Bradenton, FL. Allen, any extra rooms on the property?
            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
              Why do I live on ~ 41 degrees latitude, whether Mentor Ohio or Wayne NJ. Its becoming clearer that I am really a 27.5 degree man.........which just happens to be the latitude of Bradenton, FL. Allen, any extra rooms on the property?
              Tom

Why yes - yes I do have an extra/guest room.

I also have room for an additional 2 car extension to my existing 2 car garage. If we took out 1 tree then there is room for a 20 x 30 pad next to the "new" garage for trailers and other related "outside" equipment.

I would also be willing to sell you this place for what I paid for it : as I would like to be about 10* farther to the south and 20* east of here.

Comment

I took the 'Vair to a Cars & Coffee meet this morning. It was 30 degrees out and I don't remember what was more important last May than fixing the heater fan.
                Non-denominational car nut.
                Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                  Originally posted by arrowhead
                  Tom

Why yes - yes I do have an extra/guest room.

I also have room for an additional 2 car extension to my existing 2 car garage. If we took out 1 tree then there is room for a 20 x 30 pad next to the "new" garage for trailers and other related "outside" equipment.

I would also be willing to sell you this place for what I paid for it : as I would like to be about 10* farther to the south and 20* east of here.

The Virgin Islands do sound nice right now Allen ;).
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I spent a week in the Dominican Republic just before Christmas. I highly recommend it!

I just realized I should admit that I'm an ABBA fan too.......

I've always liked aloha shirts.....

Our carshow committee shirts are pink.....

Steve and Allen, we have excellent tastes. ;)
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

LOL !!
                      Good one Ed.
                      Coming down to the candy warehouse anytime soon ?

Comment

Sopers hole, Tortola British Virgin Islands

and i thought you said Pandering
                        Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Damn, that is sweet Fred !!
                          :o

Comment

This is where I spent Christmas. Not even close to warm. ;D\

I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

five years ago, the plan was to move to Costa Rica by the time i hit 55. That plan went away when I kicked out the girl friend and then sold the property a year ago (12 acres up on the side of a hill, overlooking the water. truley spectacular piece of property.) now i sit here with temps in the mid 30's (which is REALLY, REALLY cold for me), i get depressed by what could have been :'( :'( :'(
                              i REALLY need to be warm.

fortunatly, i can think about power tour and be happy again. ;D
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                              X