Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things I am pondering today

Originally posted by Pumpkin
    All the way to the place where you run out Jim.
    Now I'm pondering how Matt knew that answer.
    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Call me Carnac the Magnificent :D

I'm sure most of you remember it, but if not >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnac_the_Magnificent
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Haha, I love Carnac the Magnificant!!!!!!!! Really! What happened to entertainment like that? Jay Leno tried but unfortunatley is now being moved to late night.
        Are we really supposed to answer the Q's in this thread??
        Bob we used to sell wheel packs as part of 30,000 mile service package, sealed bearings are replaced when they make noise or are noticably loose. Also what is the picture of in your post?
        Matt is exactly right! You will drive to the exact spot where you run out of gas. ;D
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS

Matt is exactly right! You will drive to the exact spot where you run out of gas. ;D
          Then you get your wife to push it to the gas station. (I've done that twice in the 54)

Comment

This Bacardi 151 is pretty good stuff.....not quite Apple Pie or Cherries Jubilee, but pretty good, non the less.... ;)
            Still cold here with lots of snow left. I'm ready for the PT.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
              This Bacardi 151 is pretty good stuff.....not quite Apple Pie or Cherries Jubilee, but pretty good, non the less.... ;)
              Still cold here with lots of snow left. I'm ready for the PT.
              Me too....the reference to leaf blowers reminds me....we live in a "typical" city home on a corner lot, 40'x125'......no snowblower, so I shovel every winter....one year awhile ago, I tell the kids (they were small then), tell Mom you saw me feet up in the snowbank.....okay, she comes running out of the house, thinking I had an attack....I'm patting myself on the back for my humor....the next year, same thing, only she (the boss) never comes out....I ask, where were you?....she says....I figured I'd find you out there by spring....anyway. years pass, then she says...I bought you something special for Christmas...I'm thinking it's a snowblower (to save me from all of that shoveling)....open the box....taa-daa! It's a leafblower!....so I say.....Great, when I get done with four hours of shoveling, if there's a leaf down there somewhere, I got that s.o.b!.....

Comment

History lesson needed......In 2008 I remember seeing these yellow shirts and window decals saying Forum Freaks, also car junkie TV .com. Is Bangshift a culmination of both of these? Where did it start?
                I really enjoy the camaraderie that comes from this site. This keeps me from wasting time on facebook, facebook kept me from wasting time on ebay, ebay kept me from wasting time watching TV, TV kept me from........enough already!!
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

HR.com --> Forum Freaks (us) --> carjunkie.com --> bangshift.com

Carjunkie evolved into bangshift and the freaks are a somewhat nomadic tribe that has moved to more favorable locations as time has gone by.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                    Originally posted by 200WINS
                    History lesson needed......In 2008 I remember seeing these yellow shirts and window decals saying Forum Freaks, also car junkie TV .com. Is Bangshift a culmination of both of these? Where did it start?
                    I really enjoy the camaraderie that comes from this site. This keeps me from wasting time on facebook, facebook kept me from wasting time on ebay, ebay kept me from wasting time watching TV, TV kept me from........enough already!!
                    HR.com --> Forum Freaks (us) --> carjunkie.com --> bangshift.com

Carjunkie evolved into bangshift and the freaks are a somewhat nomadic tribe that has moved to more favorable locations as time has gone by.
                    George, a little more depth to Allen's explanation.
                    The Forum Freaks are a group of HRPT Long Haulers that live for the Power Tour and their camaraderie is peer to no other car group I have ever seen. They meet up as they travel around the US outside of HRPT and remain friends year after year.

They started on the Hot Rod Magazine forum, being that was the home of the Power Tour. In 2007, their parent corporation Primedia sold its Enthusiast Media division to Source Interlink Media (SIM) and management decided to merge all websites onto a single platform. When they did this, the forum became plagued with problems and was so slow, it was very difficult to navigate and make posts, which left the Freaks unhappy and disillusioned.

Around this same time, current HRM Editor, David Freiburger decided to leave the print industry, to work on a new online magazine concept with his friend Chad Reynolds called CarJunkieTV.com. There was a pretty strong loyalty to David by the Freaks and since this new online news and video website also had a forum established, they migrated over to CJTV in droves and made it their new "home".

After about two years of struggling to make the new venture profitable, the investor decided to close CarJunkieTV and it's sister site, RiceBoyTV.com and that was the end. This left David and Chad somewhat out in the cold, but fortunately they were able to gain agreement from their boss to take over the forum and keep it going. David decided to call the new site Freiburger's Junkyard.com and it stayed in stasis for awhile, until he decided he required a more stable financial income and returned to HRM as Editor-In-Chief. During the last two years, there was a long time contributor to HRM and CJTV by the name of Brian Lohnes who became friends with David and Chad. After David agreed to quit the "rogue" forum as part of his return to HRM, Chad & Brian elected to take over FJY and after a short period, renamed it BangShift.com, which is the latest reincarnation of our "home".

Hope that clarifies who the Forum Freaks are, their somewhat sorted history and how we came to be here ...
                    ;D

Comment

Hey Steve you must have cramps in your hands after typing that explaination. ;D
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I am pondering on what did I do on the State Law Thread to get pick on. ;D

Comment

Some of this group actually started years before that on the old Yahoo board (which doesn't see much action anymore) http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...powertourclub/ . I know a few of the current freaks were on that board in 2000 when I joined. A few of them like FormulaPhil and Impalaguy65 and I are from that first group.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                            .... freaks are a somewhat nomadic tribe ...........
                            Did you actually type the letters N O M A D? :o Boy I hope your junk doesn't learn about this : Speaking of which where is the lady? your avatar is a "Red X"?
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                              A good mayor is usually the expert on his home town 8)
                              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
                                Originally posted by Solsticefun
                                A good mayor is usually the expert on his home town 8)
                                Thanks Tom, I try ...

Jim, a funny story goes with my reply to your statement. In 9th Grade, I decided to take typing class to meet chicks.
                                By the end of the year, I actually learned to touch type and managed 90 words per minute with almost no mistakes.
                                Who knew PC's were coming around the bend, with the same keyboard layout as those old Underwood typewriters ?
                                Luckily, I do not have to mash the keys so hard, nor swing that carriage back after every line ...
                                ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X