Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things I am pondering today

Originally posted by White Monster
    In 9th Grade, I decided to take typing class to meet chicks.
    My first attempt at a typing class ended on the first day when the teacher instructed me to leave her class after she saw a pile of parts laying on the desk when she walked around handing out paper for our first assignment.

In my defense, I was younger than Steve when this happened and I just didn't know any better at that time :

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
      Originally posted by cstmwgn
      .... freaks are a somewhat nomadic tribe ...........
      Did you actually type the letters N O M A D? :o Boy I hope your junk doesn't learn about this : Speaking of which where is the lady? your avatar is a "Red X"?
      Now Tom, I though you would have tripped on the "tribe" reference more than some other off-brand wagon model :

As to the "Red X", I am not sure what to say. Most of the ladies that are willing to associate with me nowadays need a circle with a red slash through it. :'(

Comment

I wish I'd taken typing, but my counselor thought wood shop was more my speed I guess.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

My wood shop teacher only had 8 fingers.We were affraid to be tought by him, :-\ so we built our own things..
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Similar to working in a stamping plant (for about 20 days, this job is not for me) and the shop steward had mostly nubs for fingers but supposedly he was good at playing double deck pinochle... ?
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

I took typing in High School, but I was thrown out of the class more than I was in it, I couldn't type then, and still can't type today either. ;D
              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                I wish I'd taken typing, but my counselor thought wood shop was more my speed I guess.
                Oh, I took shop in 9th grade as well.
                I can still remember my first day, the class bully came over and gave me a shove and made some smart-ass comment.
                Told him, "Touch me again, and I'm gonna punch you" !
                He could not help himself and put out his index finger and put is squarely in the middle of my chest and said,
                "Whatcha gonna do" ?
                BAM, I punched him right in the kisser .... well, off to the Principals office.
                Apparently, he was a well known entity there, but the Head didn't know what to make of me, being much smaller.
                You gotta watch those small guy's willing to take on the Big 'uns !!
                He didn't F*@# with me again the whole year.
                ;D

Comment

How much is 93 octane going to cost in June, and will it be available where we're going on PT? I know it will be in the southern part, but in the why in the hell do people live ther parts I have no clue :P.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                    How much is 93 octane going to cost in June, and will it be available where we're going on PT? I know it will be in the southern part, but in the why in the hell do people live ther parts I have no clue :P.
                    Heard a radio guy predicting $3/gallon gas soon.....and seems like there's always a price runup around Memorial Day ("the start of the summer driving season, as they say"); I'd look for low to mid $3's (like 3.25/3.50 gal), particularly for the higher octane stuff....I think (but not sure) 93 will be available almost the whole way.....rexx

Comment

Being my first Power Tour, and since my car will be in getting overhauled & it should be done before it starts, I starting thinking, what if it isn't. :o
                      I'm not backing out, can't take my daily driver, the Elantra GT. :-\ As I was looking around I found this article http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/06/03...d-and-e-ready/ about having a back up plan & it has a few things about Murphy's law of HRPT's .
                      I was also reading about someone has 1985 Mercedes Roadster on the last tour. ???
                      Humm it is not American but it is a cool car. 8)
                      Well my wife's other car is a 1983 380 SL, we bought it from her father (who is a great engineer & mechanic) & we have kept it up as nice as he had it.
                      SoOOooO I now have a back up plan if my 1973 Camaro Z28 is not ready in time, besides there is always the 2011 HRPT & I'll be a seasoned veteran by then ;D
                      So. Central PA
                      Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo
                        I was also reading about someone has 1985 Mercedes Roadster on the last tour. ???
                        They would be 65Marlin (Jill and Chuck).

While I might publicly challenge your manhood for driving that foreign junk - you will be more than welcome in anything that runs as long as the occupants have the appropriate attitude - which is to enjoy whatever junk you bring and have fun with new friends.

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
                          Heard a radio guy predicting $3/gallon gas soon.....
                          I haven't had regular under $3 in a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
                            You did on PT last year. ;) ;D
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
                              Yeah, forgot about differences across the country.....in my neck of the woods (NE Illinois/NW Indiana border), gas in NW Indiana was running about 2.40/2.50/gal (regular) for what seemed like quite awhile.....then, recently, it shot up to about 2.75/gal.....we'll see what happens, I guess, in the coming months.....

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                                Originally posted by Vsolo
                                They would be 65Marlin (Jill and Chuck).

While I might publicly challenge your manhood for driving that foreign junk - you will be more than welcome in anything that runs as long as the occupants have the appropriate attitude - which is to enjoy whatever junk you bring and have fun with new friends.
                                ;D ;D ;D LOL Like I said it is my back up plan. :D . Hopefully I won't have my manhood publicly challenged :-* ha ha & be banned on Bangshift :o
                                So. Central PA
                                Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X