• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things I am pondering today

Originally posted by Vsolo
    Originally posted by cstmwgn
    I was also reading about someone has 1985 Mercedes Roadster on the last tour. ???
    They would be 65Marlin (Jill and Chuck).

While I might publicly challenge your manhood for driving that foreign junk - you will be more than welcome in anything that runs as long as the occupants have the appropriate attitude - which is to enjoy whatever junk you bring and have fun with new friends.
    ;D ;D ;D LOL Like I said it is my back up plan. :D . Hopefully I won't have my manhood publicly challenged :-* ha ha & be banned on Bangshift :o
    Oh you won't be banned. Ragged on forever, sure, but not banned. ;D Actually I don't think Jill and Chuck took too much crap. But then again, they had us at their bar the year before. ;D
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Hummm.. Plan F, borrows neighbor & his El Camino ;D, Plan G, Rent a HHR Plan Q, borrow ex girlfiends Mustang :o :o ....
      I have confidence my Camaro will be ready to go. Must avoid the "Oh you won't be banned. Ragged on forever, sure," :P :P
      So. Central PA
      Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Hummm.. Plan F, borrows neighbor & his El Camino ;D, Plan G, Rent a HHR Plan Q, borrow ex girlfiends Mustang :o :o ....
        I have confidence my Camaro will be ready to go. Must avoid the "Oh you won't be banned. Ragged on forever, sure," :P :P
        It's all good. Hell, I drive a freaking farm truck on PT every year.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

anyone getting the feeling that.....those that are planning on doing the Power Tour are.....getting ready to go? with 4 1/2 months left, sounds like a long time, but, for those who are still doing body or engine work, parts, etc....like they say on the intro to tv football....are you ready?......rexx

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
            Originally posted by 200WINS
            History lesson needed......In 2008 I remember seeing these yellow shirts and window decals saying Forum Freaks, also car junkie TV .com. Is Bangshift a culmination of both of these? Where did it start?
            I really enjoy the camaraderie that comes from this site. This keeps me from wasting time on facebook, facebook kept me from wasting time on ebay, ebay kept me from wasting time watching TV, TV kept me from........enough already!!
            HR.com --> Forum Freaks (us) --> carjunkie.com --> bangshift.com

Carjunkie evolved into bangshift and the freaks are a somewhat nomadic tribe that has moved to more favorable locations as time has gone by.
            George, a little more depth to Allen's explanation.
            The Forum Freaks are a group of HRPT Long Haulers that live for the Power Tour and their camaraderie is peer to no other car group I have ever seen. They meet up as they travel around the US outside of HRPT and remain friends year after year.

They started on the Hot Rod Magazine forum, being that was the home of the Power Tour. In 2007, their parent corporation Primedia sold its Enthusiast Media division to Source Interlink Media (SIM) and management decided to merge all websites onto a single platform. When they did this, the forum became plagued with problems and was so slow, it was very difficult to navigate and make posts, which left the Freaks unhappy and disillusioned.

Around this same time, current HRM Editor, David Freiburger decided to leave the print industry, to work on a new online magazine concept with his friend Chad Reynolds called CarJunkieTV.com. There was a pretty strong loyalty to David by the Freaks and since this new online news and video website also had a forum established, they migrated over to CJTV in droves and made it their new "home".

After about two years of struggling to make the new venture profitable, the investor decided to close CarJunkieTV and it's sister site, RiceBoyTV.com and that was the end. This left David and Chad somewhat out in the cold, but fortunately they were able to gain agreement from their boss to take over the forum and keep it going. David decided to call the new site Freiburger's Junkyard.com and it stayed in stasis for awhile, until he decided he required a more stable financial income and returned to HRM as Editor-In-Chief. During the last two years, there was a long time contributor to HRM and CJTV by the name of Brian Lohnes who became friends with David and Chad. After David agreed to quit the "rogue" forum as part of his return to HRM, Chad & Brian elected to take over FJY and after a short period, renamed it BangShift.com, which is the latest reincarnation of our "home".

Hope that clarifies who the Forum Freaks are, their somewhat sorted history and how we came to be here ...
            ;D
            Thanks Steve and Allen, I am very mechanical minded and I like to know how things work as well as history and how things evolve. I had been on Freiburger's Junkyard a few times as well as Hot Rod. Bangshift is a great place to meet new friends and do some bench racing.
            I also have a back up plan. Plan A is to take our 73 Pontiac Grand Am, I have not driven it over 100 miles on a single trip since I got it last summer. It needs a new nose and some paint work. I have some 18 inch wheels that need to be mounted up for it. Also needs some routine maintenance.
            Plan B is to take our 92 Grand Prix, (veteran long hauler 08 and 09) Maybe I should replace the timing belt and entertain the thought of replacing the alternator as maintenance. (There is something to be said about airconditioning and cruise control).
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Here is a pic of Chuck and Jill following us just before I got them lost at Notre Dame. ;D
              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I am pondering Today

401CI=10mpg, 420CI=?

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
                  I am pondering Today

401CI=10mpg, 420CI=?
                  More fun!
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Drive whatever you can - like Allen says it's all about your attitude not what others think !! Dance with what brung ya.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Re: Things I am pondering today

I am pondering Today

401CI=10mpg, 420CI=?
                      Shouldn't be that hard to get it in the 9s :

Oops - wrong 9s I think :-[ :'( :-*

Comment

I am pondering Today

401CI=10mpg, 420CI=?
                        Shouldn't be that hard to get it in the 9s :

Oops - wrong 9s I think :-[ :'( :-*
                        Mmmmm I am pondering the same problem.....

318 got 14 mpg on PT09..... New 413 with big cam, big 800 cfm carb ???????

Lets just say OUCH!

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                        1966 Plymouth Fury III
                        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Anytime common sense gets in the way of fun......I think the old addage goes there is no substitution for cubic inch.
                          Remember 2008 gas prices?

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
                            Remember 2008 gas prices?
                            I think the most I paid was $4.78 somewhere up north ....
                            :P

Comment

There is no replacement for displacement!!! But it will cost you!!!!
                              Jim & Maureen
                              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Agreed,Jim!!!!That is unless the car that is being taken on 10' HRPT is about 30% lighter than it used to be!!!(hint,hint).
                                HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                                DW- 12,16,17
                                "Stay thirsty my friends"
                                The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Working...
                                X