Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things I am pondering today

Originally posted by Pumpkin
    Right there with you Fred. I'm going, but geez, let's go to some other states!
    I don't care if we were driving around the block for a week. Hanging out with everybody is 10x better then the scenery.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

"driving around the block for a week".....amen, brother rexx

Comment

I agree, it is the people you meet that makes the tour. Oh yea and lets not forget the cars you see.
        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Amen I say to thee.....for me its about being with fellow carjunkies and horsing around with the cars. Regarding routes and venues, I'm happy as long as there are plenty of two lane blacktops and a few tracks (e.g., Bristol, Great Lakes Dragway, Heartland Park Topeka, KS). The rest always seems to fade to black 8)
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Today

I Am

pondering.........................pondering

Fast is OK
            boob

Comment

I am pondering when and were will Boob do his next burn out. ;D
              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Why does beer taste soooooooooooooooooo good??? ;D :o ???
                OH YEAH
                Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

If any of you guys were pondering why beer makes you do stupid things, here is what scientist found out:

Yesterday scientists revealed that beer contains small traces of female hormones. To prove their theory, the scientists fed 100 men 12 pints of beer and observed that 100% of them gained weight, talked excessively without making sense, became emotional, and couldn't drive. No further testing is planned."

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
                    Today

I Am

pondering.........................pondering

Fast is OK
                    boob
                    I am pondering what a WONDERFUL day it has been so far!

I got up early and drove up to the Tampa Machinery Auction to bid on an 06 P71. When I looked at it yesterday (rainy, windy, cold) it looked DAMN good. So I got up early and got my bidders number and hung out for a couple of hours in subhuman temperatures waiting for them to get to the one I had my eye (along with half the people at the action it would seem). Finally, they got to it and fired it up and low and behold a very audible heavy knock. It did seem to go away after a little bit but it clearly was NOT a lifter. So the happy part - I was smart enough to laugh and walk back to my truck and drove home. Not too long ago I would of had been running through the engine build in my head while trying to out bid the other idiots!

So I get home about 11:00am and go out into the garage to do some FABRACATION (how better to finish off a good day then spend the entire afternoon chopping stuff up ;) ). After 4 or 5 cutoff wheels sacrificed themselves to create a nice size pile of debris, I found a need to break out the old air chisel. A handful of sand rolls later and my new radiator fits very nice.
                    I will paint every thing tomorrow as I didn't want to end the day on a downer as I can't paint to save my life.

Now I am waiting for dinner (Chile) to ferment and the evening entertainment will begin. :

Comment

Will activities at Iowa Speedway include tour participants taking passes on the 1/8 mile strip?

If yes, let the trash talk begin ;D. There's a certain orange F-body powered by Golen that the 'bird wants to take on :o

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
                        Will activities at Iowa Speedway include tour participants taking passes on the 1/8 mile strip?

If yes, let the trash talk begin ;D. There's a certain orange F-body powered by Golen that the 'bird wants to take on :o
                        Woooooooooooooooa long Winter.................... <head?????????????????????????

sorry for hijack

Comment

You sure about that Tom ;). Should be much better air, and I probably won't be trying to find fourth like I was in Bristol.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Pondering.....

"Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!"
                            Non-denominational car nut.
                            Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                            Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                              There's a certain orange F-body powered by Golen that the 'bird wants to take on :o
                              You sure about that Tom ;). Should be much better air, and I probably won't be trying to find fourth like I was in Bristol.
                              I feel like the kid who just learned how firecrackers work.........I'll have to remember to bring a silver platter with me from Jersey just in case I get my derriere handed to me. :'(

Comment

Thanks to my past presidents (IMHO #16 = #1), I've got lots of time to ponder

Why can't cars have style like the '50s & '60s. For example: check this junk I saw in the local YMCA parking lot. Now I am NOT a Camaro-file but this secretary's car is just bitchin - '67 RS w/327 and auto on the column

Comment

Working...
                                X