Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things I am pondering today

Tom

Skills can be learned - what you need is an indoor long term home for it so you can take it apart, spread it out and start doing whatever it is you want.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
      HRM says Monday June 7 is DuQuoin, IL, DuQuoin State Fairgrounds...Wikipedia says a one mile long clay oval motor racetrack is there..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuQuoin...acetrack....so does that mean we get to run the track?
      Tom, I raced motorcycles on that track many years ago, and it was pretty rough at times, I don't know if I would want to run my car on it. Unless it has changed over the years.
      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I'm remembering fondly when the Tour was a 10 day trip, rather than 6. What I'm pondering is the "Coasters Tour" in Canada. It runs from July 7th until August 22nd. :o Now THAT's a long haul. Here is a link to their website:

Non-denominational car nut.
        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
        Do you go all the way?

Comment

It's not so much the distance, but the time to do it. I notice they sit at a location for 2 days, probably to sightsee, but hotels for 1 1/2 months would be a killer. That plus the $150 ferries to get from one body of land to the other is a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
            It's not so much the distance, but the time to do it. I notice they sit at a location for 2 days, probably to sightsee, but hotels for 1 1/2 months would be a killer. That plus the $150 ferries to get from one body of land to the other is a lot.
            Looks like the camp allot. Not sure I want to be in a tent even in summer in Canada.
            Also you can see the folks are older, Humm when retire completely I know what I can add to my touring bucket list.
            Altho I don't think I want to take my Camaro, ah ha a reason to get a new project (yeah my wife will believe that haha)
            Wait... it is like the HRPT you can do part of it too. Hummmm Oh wait reality...
            So. Central PA
            Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

I am pondering on how much pondering can we all do in 85 days. ;D Then when the tour starts the only pondering that will be done is, do I make the drivers meeting, and should I have another adult beverage.
              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

The first year 2008 we made all the drivers meetings, last year we made Madison, Racine, and South Bend. Detroit was too much of a nuisance to try to get back so we hit the bricks. We didn't make the meetings in Dayton or Somerset.
                The upside is to get some miles down early, the down side is if there was valuable information on traffic detours (Iowa 2008) or places of interest that are offered by locals such as the Surf Ball Room Clear Lake, IA.
                Its cool to meet people while waiting at the meetings on the other hand it is also nice to get rolling early.
                50/50 personal preference.
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I'm pondering why I just bought a 1965 Corvette "Sting Ray" Roadster Convertible .... oh, because I LOVE it !!!
                  ;D

Anybody want a '63 Chevy II Nova SS ?

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                    I'm pondering why I just bought a 1965 Corvette "Sting Ray" Roadster Convertible .... oh, because I LOVE it !!!
                    ;D

Anybody want a '63 Chevy II Nova SS ?
                    We are all pondering the price of the Nova....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3
                      We are all pondering the price of the Nova....
                      Ahhhh ... and now we enter into the second oldest profession (the salesman).
                      "Make me an offer" !!
                      ;D

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                        ... and now we enter into the second oldest profession (the salesman).
                        ;D
                        So this is something to ponder as well

How can "sales" be the second oldest profession if the oldest profession involves the exchange of money?

Comment

Very good point Allen, I guess the worlds oldest profession utilized techniques later realized as professions up front, before they actually delivered the goods !!
                          :D

Comment

I did some research from an earlier post...NO fat people can't go skinny dipping!! They go chunky dunkin' !!! :o

Comment

Originally posted by momsmustang
                              I did some research from an earlier post...NO fat people can't go skinny dipping!! They go chunky dunkin' !!! :o
                              That's funny ;D

Comment

where was Boob during yesterday's Syracuse vs Georgetown game?

I saw Bill Clinton being interviewed by ESPN during yesterday's game, but Boob's seat next to Bill was empty. Bill said something about Boob getting them some ice cream or Cracker Jacks ???
                                a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
                                X