Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things I am pondering today

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
    I wonder how many inches of salt came off my truck last night washing it in the driveway?
    6 beers and a hand wash made it look near black again.
    Supposed to rain today but Jiimy crack corn and I don't care.
    Mmmm I bet it took you 2 hours to wash your truck Phil...... 30 minutes to wash it and a hour and 1/2 to sit and enjoy your brew admiring your work..... ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
    1966 Plymouth Fury III
    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

You're about right Ed - and it did sprinkle some yesterday.
      I think tonight the wifey's car gets a hand wash - (hand job sounds so crass !) but her's is easy. She only drives a mile and a half to work each day and doesn't get exposed to that liquid chloride salt crap or whatever it's called.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
        Donking the wagon - and no that isn't meant to be Don King
        So would it still be consider a Donk if it is slammed?
        Downunder in Aussieland, a donk refers to a large motor.
        What does "Donking the wagon" mean here in the States ?
        ???

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
          Donking the wagon - and no that isn't meant to be Don King
          So would it still be consider a Donk if it is slammed?
          Downunder in Aussieland, a donk refers to a large motor.
          What does "Donking the wagon" mean here in the States ?
          ???

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
            ...and lucky for me it wasn't worse...unfortunately I too damn attached to my junk and get bummed when they get nicked up. I'll get over it.
            Follow up - estimate = $2,900 this for junk that drives fine (no alignment issues, etc) in fact the left side headlights still illuminate (mine sweeper style). Culprits, no aftermarket replacements, OEM from Oz (front fender, head light assy, each = $700+......too damn attached to my junk ???
            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

...and lucky for me it wasn't worse...unfortunately I too damn attached to my junk and get bummed when they get nicked up. I'll get over it.
              Follow up - estimate = $2,900 this for junk that drives fine (no alignment issues, etc) in fact the left side headlights still illuminate (mine sweeper style). Culprits, no aftermarket replacements, OEM from Oz (front fender, head light assy, each = $700+......too damn attached to my junk ???
              OUCH - are you going to let the insurance cover it?
              Would you rather it be such a pile that you didn't care if it was OK?
              Have pride in your junk is a good thing in my opinion.

Comment

OUCH - are you going to let the insurance cover it?....Would you rather it be such a pile that you didn't care if it was OK?...Have pride in your junk is a good thing in my opinion.
                GULP...yeah I'll eat the cost :'(...can't let the 'loved' ones feel neglected, they have a bad habit of letting you know they need lovin at the wrong time (like 6 mos from now at midnight when I could be driving on the GWB going home from NYC with mrs. arrowhead :o). Insurance will cover the amount over $2,000, my deductible. :-[
                a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

double ouch

Comment

Anybody heard from Ray or Blake lately?
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I have email from Blake, Allen has talked with him recently
                      he is getting rooms reservations together for PT
                      he may need rooms?

Bob
                      315 447 7183

Comment

Thanks, Bob.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

How come, the picture of the Freaks taken at Bristol not been Posted?

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150

he may need rooms?

Bob
                            315 447 7183
                            As you already know, I had an extra room in Newton, DuQuoin/Carbondale, and Birmingham/Pelham (actually, at all of the other stops too); anyway, I gave the extra room to Blake....assuming they make the trip (health issues?); hope they make it.......rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg

he may need rooms?

Bob
                              315 447 7183
                              As you already know, I had an extra room in Newton, DuQuoin/Carbondale, and Birmingham/Pelham (actually, at all of the other stops too); anyway, I gave the extra room to Blake....assuming they make the trip (health issues?); hope they make it.......rexx
                              Dad and I are ready to go!!!!

Comment

How come, the picture of the Freaks taken at Bristol not been Posted?

Boob(y)
                                I know at your advanced age that it is getting harder to remember things but

you were too busy playing soccer with your camera to get into the Bristol picture :-*

Comment

Working...
                                X