• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things I am pondering today

What!! No one is pondering anything today
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I am.....Earl's new tranny is in the garage, car show tomorrow, so I'm planning on 'gutting' him on Sunday. Pondering where I'm gonna get some offset dowel pins in case the bellhousing runout is out of tolerance...... ???
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
        I am.....Earl's new tranny is in the garage, car show tomorrow, so I'm planning on 'gutting' him on Sunday. Pondering where I'm gonna get some offset dowel pins in case the bellhousing runout is out of tolerance...... ???
        How about here?

Comment

Excellent Allen, thank you!
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
            Good luck Mike - check for rust under the battery mount on the radiator support, inner fender wells, floor pans, cab mounts, rockers, cab corners, bottom of the doors, bottom fo the front quarters behind whel wells, ..... at least those are what we had to fix over the years. I guess I should have said look everywhere !
            Thanks Phil, the truck ended up not quite as nice as the seller had "implied" (go figure). The truck was mostly there, but what he described as "just a little rust in the pass cab corner", turned out to be basically a parts truck in my opinion. Told him I wouldn't pay what he was asking and he said he wouldn't take what I was offering, so I am still looking
            Donna
            Williamston, MI
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Is white monster bringing the bobble head carjunkie chihuahua on tour?
              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                offset pins worked on one of my engines ,
                then the next one i needed to use weld on style to move bell housing even more
                bob

Comment

I'm hoping for the best, but ya never know.......I'll try to get to the measuring part after church tomorrow and let you know how it is........
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop
                    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                    Good luck Mike - check for rust under the battery mount on the radiator support, inner fender wells, floor pans, cab mounts, rockers, cab corners, bottom of the doors, bottom fo the front quarters behind whel wells, ..... at least those are what we had to fix over the years. I guess I should have said look everywhere !
                    Thanks Phil, the truck ended up not quite as nice as the seller had "implied" (go figure). The truck was mostly there, but what he described as "just a little rust in the pass cab corner", turned out to be basically a parts truck in my opinion. Told him I wouldn't pay what he was asking and he said he wouldn't take what I was offering, so I am still looking
                    One good thing about those trucks is parts are plentiful, either in the junkyard or catalog houses.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Got a Facebook message from Clarence Barnes, he said he will be on PT this year. :D
                      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
                        Got a Facebook message from Clarence Barnes, he said he will be on PT this year. :D
                        My buddy Clarence. Bastard took my chair. ;D

I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Fun guy......

HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                          DW- 12,16,17
                          "Stay thirsty my friends"
                          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                            Originally posted by 200WINS
                            My buddy Clarence. Bastard took my chair. ;D

That might have been a good thing Bob, look what was sitting beside you. ;D
                            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Yeah that guy that lives under the bridge! :o ;D
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Another day of pondering

How does going yachting help you decide if you need to repack your front wheel bearings?

How much ICE CREAM did Mike have to buy Donna to get her to ask if they would have t-shirts in his size (LXT)?

Is Arrowhead attempting to get his PD car to final weight with base coat?

If I stop working on my car will I stop finding things to fix?

Comment

Working...
                                X