Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things I am pondering today

Ah I got you now.

In my experience subs are always good to add. When I did my other truck, I had a dedicated amp for the subs and another 4 channel amp for the other speakers.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

[quote=BluLightning ]
      Originally posted by cstmwgn
      putting a courier styled interior in the wagon
      Huh? ???

which means?
      no back seat?
      shag carpeting?
      double bed with black lights?
      saw horses, carpentry tools?
      Nitrous Bottles?.......................................... .............................................. Nitrous Bottles?

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
        Ah I got you now.

In my experience subs are always good to add. When I did my other truck, I had a dedicated amp for the subs and another 4 channel amp for the other speakers.
        What size subs and amp?

I have a Rockford T400-4 for the other speakers

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
          putting a courier styled interior in the wagon
          Huh? ???

which means?
          no back seat?
          shag carpeting?
          double bed with black lights?
          saw horses, carpentry tools?
          Nitrous Bottles?.......................................... .............................................. Nitrous Bottles?
          Originally posted by 1956NY150
          Clearly there doesn't seem to be a need for more seating!

Comment

Bob tires would be a good thing to bring. ;D I have a sub system in my 99 Silverado Z71. I run two 10" Pioner subs with a 3000 watt Lanser amp. I have a 200 watt Kenwood head to run the rest.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Ah I got you now.

What size subs and amp?

I have a Rockford T400-4 for the other speakers
              With as much open space as there is in the wagon, I think 2 10" subs would be plenty. I'm sure there's sites somewhere where you can calculate volume and sub size needed but, I don't think you're going to try and rattle the neighbors windows. With the stereo at least! ;D In my truck, which was an extended cab F150, I had 2 8" subs and 500 watt monoblock ampl. It put out more then enough thump for me.
              I R Bob
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

With as much open space as there is in the wagon, I think 2 10" subs would be plenty.
                Yeah it seems like there is a lot of room but the subs will most likely go in front of the rear wheels so they will be within a few feet (< 4) of my head. They may actually be slightly closer than the rear speakers which are looking like their new home will be in enclosures mounted on the front of the wheel tubs.

I'm sure there's sites somewhere where you can calculate volume and sub size needed
                I already have a headache from trying to figure out how to build the enclosures. It appears speaker enclosures aren't made out of normal a/c plywood or particle/press board anymore! By the time I wade through all the audiophile crap on the internet it would be easier to to put in a third row seat and carry my own Mariachi band.

Comment

I'm trying to envision what the inside of the wagon looks like and for the life of me, I can't. Just remember, subs are not directional so you can put them most anywhere and they will work. Mine actually pointed towards the floor of the truck with about an inch of clearance between them and the floor.
                  I R Bob

Comment

Allen The last time I seen you I would swear you were in the same position back in 2007. But as I recall it was either the chair or your tail lights.

Has much changed?

Russell and Vickie in Crystal River.

1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
                    1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
                    1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
                    Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

it would be easier to to put in a third row seat and carry my own Mariachi band.

Allen, we have a couple options here, which would you prefer?
                      #1-

#2-

{I know the wagon is roomie, but might need a trailer for this much audio...}

#3-

;D

Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I amazes me that sometimes I get myself into situations that could never ever turn out good, and somehow I manage to step out of them and things are better then before
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.
                          1990 Thunderbird Supercoupe
                          1999 Ford Mustang GT convertible "Yellow"
                          1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
                          Power Tour 06, 07, 11, 12

Comment

Originally posted by std
                            I amazes me that sometimes I get myself into situations that could never ever turn out good, and somehow I manage to step out of them and things are better then before
                            Dave, this has yet to happen for me.... ;D
                            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I hear what you are saying George, that sounds more like my brother than me
                              Donna
                              Williamston, MI
                              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I just received a package with some of these in it.

Should I eat them all at once, or try to ration myself. A big thanks to the Brady family!

Comment

Working...
                                X