Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
    When Wife is out of town................ Who is stupid enough to use house washer for shop rags

and how to u get this oily stuff off the washer drum?
    boob
    A cup of simple green in a load of dark towels would be my first move.

Comment

• Why is a battery for my bike more money then one for my truck?
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• still trying to get the signature size correct... this is a test...
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Is that a hint, Charles?!! Actually, you're welcome to come stay anytime! The Great Race is coming to Galax, which is about 15 miles from us, on Saturday, June 11. The car club we belong to is hosting them for lunch. We'll miss it because of PT, but hey, you gotta get your priorities straight, right?!!
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• How long will it take to fill my allowed 65,565 allowed personal messages??
            Bob you are in sooooooo much hot water........Hey maybe hot water, some super clean floor soap and a 12 pack of Bud Light?? After the 12 pack I'm sure the washer will appear clean!!
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• Sitting here figuring costs for Powertour...looked at the Mileage our little Contour SVT lookalike gets, compared to the GTS.
              We would save maybe $175 in gas by taking the 25-27 MPG road rocket. {Did you know the governor on the trans on a V6 kicks at 114 MPH?}
              F this. Taking the GTS.

Next up: Slicing the hotel budget.
              Andrew
              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                Sitting here figuring costs for Powertour...looked at the Mileage our little Contour SVT lookalike gets, compared to the GTS.
                We would save maybe $175 in gas by taking the 25-27 MPG road rocket. {Did you know the governor on the trans on a V6 kicks at 114 MPH?}
                F this. Taking the GTS.

Next up: Slicing the hotel budget.
                I was totally sitting here doing the same thing!!! We have 1/2 of our hotels pre-paid and I'm still freaking out a little about what we're gonna do! I'm working some over time this week, hoping to pick up a little more of that before the day we leave too!!!

Comment

• Well, the big issue I am at is simply put, room cost.
                  Last year we tried to cut costs...I'M NEVER BOOKING AN ECONOLODGE EVER AGAIN...and it bit us on 2 nights.

What I am looking at right now, is maybe Microtel Inn because while not fancy, that chain has always been nice, clean and for $50 for a typical single queen room, it's all I think we require for a place to crash.

We have everything booked...hell, I had a panic moment because I was like "CRAP, I forgot to get something in Warren, MI for Friday night."
                  Luckily I found my reservation.

What hit us, was we had another couple that was going with us that had to back out and now the room costs suck! My wife Mel and myself sat and were talking again tonight...we were looking at each other like

Going to take a looksie if I can dig up a few stops that are more reasonable.

Worse case, hell, we will just end up going to Indy and Muskegon and that's the way it goes.
                  Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• How about pondering over an old car commerical...
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      A cup of simple green in a load of dark towels would be my first move.
                      Honestly, if I have been drowning in any assorted auto fluids like oil, trans fluid, etc, I just dump twice the soap on the largest load setting, and let it run. I also have a habit of washing out my mechanics gloves at the same time.
                      I have also run another setting on the machine with just soap and hot water to clean stuff out.

Tide makes a machine cleaner which seems to work quite well.
                      Andrew

Comment

• {Crossing fingers about Mel's new job}
                        ...waiting to see if she will have the time off for PT2011.

Will know later this week.
                        Andrew

Comment

• Here is hoping you can still go
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                            Beaver juice works great Boob...Use the S-722 foaming cleaner
                            what the hell kind of beaver juice are you referring to?
                            Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

• Could this lid be the 2011 “must have” on Power Tour?

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                              Last edited by tcbnj; April 26, 2011, 05:41 PM.
                              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                                I have to ask

How do I clean the DRYER

boob
                                Maybe you should put the whole beaver in the dryer, and let it bounce around some..... rexx

Comment

Working...
                                X