No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got light on msd box and spark by disconnecting distributor trigger wires and using a jumper on 2 wires to box
    checked resistance on pickup should be 500-700 ohms i show a open circuit so hopefully this is problem

but why does this happen after i played with half of the wires under my dash (ugly) and used those wonderful blue wire tap connectors, and i was just at the start of a car show cruise and 56 died

do these pickups typical break?
    bob

Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
      got light on msd box and spark by disconnecting distributor trigger wires and using a jumper on 2 wires to box
      checked resistance on pickup should be 500-700 ohms i show a open circuit so hopefully this is problem

but why does this happen after i played with half of the wires under my dash (ugly) and used those wonderful blue wire tap connectors, and i was just at the start of a car show cruise and 56 died

bob
      I carry a spare but that is because K-Mart doesn't stock HiPer parts for my car! ;-)

Comment

• Allen-
        You going to make it at all this year??
        Want you to see the new bumpers ;)
        Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
          Bob, I'm bringing a pair as well, but I think if I called Mel the "spare pair" I'd be sleeping in the trunk of the Torino...
          You might not be sleeping in the trunk, that's just where they'd find your body!
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• if this weekend will EVER end! Can't wait for a few days off work!

Comment

• I have an extra 6al box,and a coil if you need it Bob.
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17
              "Stay thirsty my friends"
              The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                got light on msd box and spark by disconnecting distributor trigger wires and using a jumper on 2 wires to box

bob
                If you used those wire tap connectors (scotch locks) for anything more than a temporary repair to get off the side of the road, you shouldn't be suprised to find yourself broke down again
                Donna
                Williamston, MI
                Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                  If you used those wire tap connectors (scotch locks) for anything more than a temporary repair to get off the side of the road, you shouldn't be suprised to find yourself broke down again
                  I used the scotch locks on hundreds of high voltage flourescent light ballasts.....and they still work some of the time.
                  Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

• Good Luck Bob, I hate chasing electrical ghosts!!
                    Jim & Maureen
                    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                    HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

• gear on bottom of distributor must have failed (used one of the high tech plastic ones: reccommended)
                      can't get distributor out,
                      does not spin with engine cranking
                      i will try much harder tonight but it doesnt look good i had quite a lever on it and cant get it out of hole

screw came out of rotor and damaged pickup

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                        Allen-
                        You going to make it at all this year??
                        Want you to see the new bumpers ;)
                        Trying to get back on track - time will tell.

Comment

• Sure hope you get your poop in a group Alan - ain't seen you in a coons age.
                          Bob - ask your wife nicely and maybe she'll let you drive the Vette if all else fails.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Today I'm pondering praying for the recent tornado victims. The footage on CNN.com looks real bad.
                            Powertour off/on since 2002
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bishir View Post
                              Today I'm pondering praying for the recent tornado victims. The footage on CNN.com looks real bad.
                              Us too...seems like the storms are really bad this year.

Linda

Comment

• I am pondering what is it going to cost me to get the tranny fixed in my truck,Small glitch to day.
                                Danny/Zachary
                                HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X