Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Bob and boob were spotted southbound in the fast lane near Bowling Green earlier today........I'm jealous.
    This guy in an old white car keeps following me!

I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Safe Travels, see you guys Friday.......
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

• How long before I fall asleep...crap 3:45 AM is early!

Comment

• Is this not us

and

I have to laugh, I know that is not me ahahahahahaha yeah right
          Last edited by Vsolo; May 30, 2011, 05:16 AM.
          So. Central PA
          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

• Why is it I get the AC fully charges on the GTS, yet no power to the clutch and when we bypassed the dash switch system works perfect but is not blowing cold air in the freaking car?
            Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Did posting that solve the AC problem?
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• Nope. Although, on a different but related topic of the AC work...coming home from the guy that helped me charge the system, I discovered I neglected to change the speedo gear on the cable.
                Seems 2.75 gears slow the trans down to where 55mph is nearly 75mph. Had a fun time talking to a local man in blue about that one.
                First official speeding ticket in the GTS.
                Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• How can I go out to Bourbon Street with seemingly good intentions, and wake up feeling like this?
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

How can I go out to Bourbon Street with seemingly good intentions, and wake up feeling like this?
                    Hmm, is it possible to go to Bourbon Street with "good intentions?"
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                      Did posting that solve the AC problem?
                      Good one!
                      Powertour off/on since 2002
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                        Why is it I get the AC fully charges on the GTS, yet no power to the clutch and when we bypassed the dash switch system works perfect but is not blowing cold air in the freaking car?
                        I would guess that your compressor is possibly bad. The switch is a safety feature to keep you from burning the compressor up, so it reads how much freon your A/C system has in it. You already mentioned that the system is fully charged, but the clutch wouldn't kick on. I'm assuming you're talking about the compressor clutch?!?! That would tell me that the compressor is bad, and the switch is keeping it from kicking on. Of course when you bypassed the switch, the clutch would then kick on, but did not blow any cold air, which again would lead me to believe the compressor is bad, or all that freon leaked out....

Just my two cents....
                        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                        - George Orwell

Comment

or would that be an old guy in a white car following you?
                          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                            I would guess that your compressor is possibly bad. The switch is a safety feature to keep you from burning the compressor up, so it reads how much freon your A/C system has in it. You already mentioned that the system is fully charged, but the clutch wouldn't kick on. I'm assuming you're talking about the compressor clutch?!?! That would tell me that the compressor is bad, and the switch is keeping it from kicking on. Of course when you bypassed the switch, the clutch would then kick on, but did not blow any cold air, which again would lead me to believe the compressor is bad, or all that freon leaked out....

Just my two cents....
                            Nope. Compressor is not kicking on because it's not getting 12 volts from the dash switch.
                            Chased the wiring last night, and found I am sending 12v+ off the hvac control head unit as per the Ford Service books.
                            Nothing at the firewall bulkhead connector which points back to me, when I altered my wiring on the car to make room for more circuits on the bulkhead connector to add spare power circuits.

The AC system is charged, compressor was a known good unit.

Chalking this up to operator error, not the equipment's fault.
                            Last edited by Eliteman76; May 31, 2011, 09:41 AM.
                            Andrew

Comment

• Opening Day

Comment

• Never thought much about anything to put in this thread but I do find myself wondering how this year tour will go.......Im wondering if Adam got the cooling issuse solved, Im wondering all of my group will make it to the start, and im wondering if my car will earn its long haul pedigree........but mostly im imagining a safe trip for everyone to and from our destinations and that all fixes be quick ones, the gas prices keep falling, the weather gets a lotta cooler, and that I see a lot free beer flowing my way................
                                That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Working...
                                X