No announcement yet.

Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't think I'd miss my car this much,and it's only been a month! I hate paint jail.!
    Last edited by hugger69; November 15, 2011, 04:35 PM.
    Derek & Kathy Redel

Comment

• Worked on heater and it is 80 degrees, go figure ?
      Danny/Zachary
      HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
        ... Jade may end up finding a new home.......
        Lord knows I am not the best one to take advise from but PLEASE think long and hard about turning Jade loose. She is a very fine ride and would be VERY HARD to replace down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugger69 View Post
          Didn't think I'd miss my car this much,and it's only been a month! I hate paint jail.!
          Derek, it's ok brother, just remember, I'm always here for you to cry on..... Right now, your car is in better hands than All State....
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            Lord knows I am not the best one to take advise from but PLEASE think long and hard about turning Jade loose. She is a very fine ride and would be VERY HARD to replace down the road.
            Allen, I completely agree with you. I've owned Jade now for ten years, and I've built her from the ground up, not once, but twice. I have a TON of memories in that car, brought both Chase and Chyanne home from the hospital in that car, made a LOT of Good Friends that could never be replaced. In fact, she's with Matt getting massaged and spoiled; who I would have never met, nor found Bang Shift had it not been for Jade. She has survived my five deployments overseas, and moving in the Army countless times.

With all that said, you have to admit that the new ZL1 Camaro is bad to the bone...... And over time, one would ponder that the value will only go up.....
            Last edited by Bucky67; November 15, 2011, 07:12 PM.
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Allen, I completely agree with you. I've owned Jade now for ten years, and I've built her from the ground up, not once, but twice. I have a TON of memories in that car, brought both Chase and Chyanne home from the hospital in that car, made a LOT of Good Friends that could never be replaced. In fact, she's with Matt getting massaged and spoiled; who I would have never met, nor found Bang Shift had it not been for Jade. She has survived my five deployments overseas, and moving in the Army countless times.

With all that said, you have to admit that the new ZL1 Camaro is bad to the bone...... And over time, one would ponder that the value will only go up.....
              Bucky......if you haven't already, check out www.camaro5.com (and their ZL1 forum)....lots of good stuff there; I've already been in contact with a dealer re: ordering one, not sure yet, will probably wait until first of the year......

Comment

Bucky, I'm thinking of trading mine off for a 2013 ZL1 Convertible...my dealer is still trying to get me to buy a coupe...I'm not sure the ZL1 will go up in value like Jade will continue to hold over the years. The ZL1 is definitely bad to the bone, can't wait to see the Vert at the LA Auto Show...
                Dannie
                2010 Camaro SS
                Long Haul 2010/2011
                Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                  Bucky......if you haven't already, check out www.camaro5.com (and their ZL1 forum)....lots of good stuff there; I've already been in contact with a dealer re: ordering one, not sure yet, will probably wait until first of the year......
                  Dave, Camaro5 is the place to go for 5th Gen news. It'll definitely be a good addition to your stable of cars....
                  Dannie
                  2010 Camaro SS
                  Long Haul 2010/2011
                  Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

In fact, she's with Matt getting massaged and spoiled
                    Need to get the Fiero there soon for some engine attention!, and to finish up last years little things that never got done.
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      So......you plan on taking a spare set of tires?? Sounds like you might need 'em....
                      If Buckys tires can stand up to the "Top Fuel burnout" style of his "Buckyesque" driving technique, my tires should be fine. He still has a few extra horse that I wont.....
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17
                      "Stay thirsty my friends"
                      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                        Need to get the Fiero there soon for some engine attention!, and to finish up last years little things that never got done.
                        As soon as I have a spot in the "other" shop next door, the Fiero will be here.
                        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• Originally posted by hugger69 View Post
                          Didn't think I'd miss my car this much,and it's only been a month! I hate paint jail.!
                          Dont think of it as paint jail Derek. More like, plastic surgery.......yea, "thats the ticket".....
                          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                          DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• Originally posted by RAIV70Judge View Post
                            Dont think of it as paint jail Derek. More like, plastic surgery.......yea, "thats the ticket".....
                            Plastic sugery..... I like that Matt. I kinda like: "Like a good neighbor, Matt Layman ia always there"....
                            sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

• Not really like jail - maybe county.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCamaro View Post
                                Dave, Camaro5 is the place to go for 5th Gen news. It'll definitely be a good addition to your stable of cars....
                                Dave and Dannie- I haven't made it over to Camaro5, but I'm a member of Modern Camaro. I don't post much on that site, I just use it to keep up with the latest info on the ZL1 Camaro. There's no way I could ever afford to buy one and keep Jade, so it basically comes down to which one is more important to me.
                                sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X