Things I am pondering today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed

come on to upstate NY in the fall for a little drift boat fishing for salmon and steelhead.
    i will go
    bob

Comment

• Pondering: Why the hell I have ripped the tendons on my right Ankle twice in one year.
      Pain on a level I've not had since I cracked my ribs then got Pneumonia and had a sinus infection all at the same time.
      Andrew
      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Ripping the tendons twice, in one year, was more than likely, caused by you putting an extreme amount of pressure on that particular ankle; at the same time, not allowing the ankle to heal all the way. For example, lifting something heavy, or playing a physical sport. The pain level, threshold, is different in every person, but I'm sure that if you continued to try and walk on it, it would be comparable to broken ribs. I've experienced both.

The sinus infection probably was a direct result of the Pneumonia that you caught. Your white blood cells, the ones that fight infections and such, were at a extreme low count from dealing with the Pneumonia, hints why your sinus infections kicked in. It's almost like a domino effect.

Your body need time to heel, and Andrew, if I was a betting man, I'm guessing that you weren't allowing it the proper time to heal, thus further complicating your situations.

Last edited by Bucky67; July 9, 2012, 05:29 AM.
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
          Ed

come on to upstate NY in the fall for a little drift boat fishing for salmon and steelhead.
          i will go
          bob
          Gotta take a raincheck Boob.......thanks for the invite, it sounds like fun.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Bucky, what's odd was I did the original damage back in April, and basically laid around for 2-3 weeks.
            I still did have to work, but office job.

This deal, I was swimming, and pushed off a wall, but probably over exerted myself as I was pushing myself and Mel in tubes away from a wall.

All I know is no lifting, no working on stuff for at least 2-3 weeks to heal up again.
            Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• I've discovered that, in building the '66 Chevelle, that there is a mis-aliment between the steering wheel and my belly. (that wasn't the case 46 years ago) So I'm pondering a smaller steering wheel or TRYING to lose some weight..........
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                I've discovered that, in building the '66 Chevelle, that there is a mis-aliment between the steering wheel and my belly. (that wasn't the case 46 years ago) So I'm pondering a smaller steering wheel or TRYING to lose some weight..........
                Take a little foam out of the seat too......
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I need a tilt wheel in my 70 for the same reason.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                    I need a tilt wheel in my 70 for the same reason.
                    What about a telescoping steering column - or are your arms too short to reach that far?

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      What about a telescoping steering column - or are your arms too short to reach that far?
                      Yup - I got shortarms for sure ...
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Me too!
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Yup - I got shortarms for sure ...
                          Better than getting caught up by the longarm of the law
                          FKA Redragtop
                          (formerly known as)

Comment

• I'm pondering what's the best way to ship heads.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                              I'm pondering what's the best way to ship heads.
                              In a hat box maybe ?
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

In a hat box maybe ?
                                Where they going, "head"quarters?
                                There Phil, I didn't want you to be the only one, not funny !

DTB
                                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Working...
                                X