Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stu yoakam
    replied
    I need to hurry up and start planning my vacation time from work. Only used one day so far and put in for two others.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Flying H dragstrip opening April 11th for racing. https://flyinghdragstrip.com/2024-schedule/

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    I believe that the answer is to avoid using an impact on these covered lugs as much as possible and to only torque them using a torque wrench rather than the spring back torque extensions that so many shops use these days....

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    found a 22.5 MM socket for impact use that is a tire shop specialty tool and got them all off.... then put them in a vice one by one and split them with a die grinder and cutoff wheel and chisel.....

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    You have to use a chisel and pliers to knock off the tin foil and try not to damage the wheels. That or hammer on a socket that's too small and twist it off. I got new nuts for my car in case they crap out. Honestly don't know what kind I have. '16 Focus

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Whoever decided to put stainless caps on Lugnuts needs to have their Lugnuts crushed in a vice! And God help the person who rotated the wheels on my new work truck before I got a hold of it…. Using a 2 foot breaker bar an extension pipe I had to apply over 600 foot pounds of torque to release several of them! Two of them I could not get loose without using a hammer type impact and drilling hammer! 19 of the 24 nuts were split on the caps, so I removed all of the caps. I am debating whether to OEM on replacement nuts or research the aftermarket ones….
    Last edited by silver_bullet; March 11, 2024, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
    Boxes at the game are only $1.8 million dollars.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    If you go to Lost Wages for the Big Game, you can visit Count's Kustoms and Vegas Rat Rods. Count's twitter says they are having a sale on Big Game tattoos at their parlor. Also boxes at the game are only $1.8 million dollars.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I've been watching all week.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Is anyone watching Sick Week coverage? I have not been.
    We went to the track yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Is anyone watching Sick Week coverage? I have not been.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    I have seen six and seven. Maybe the sevens are special or just samples? IDK. They claim the printed plates are easier to read. We had the stamped ones for decades without a problem. I would think simpler plates that are printed would be easier to counterfeit.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Started seeing seven digit license plates locally. I don't like it. Too hard to read or remember if you had to.
    Soooo - that should work in your favor!

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Started seeing seven digit license plates locally. I don't like it. Too hard to read or remember if you had to.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    Did you try wrong auto? That's what Josh on youtube calls it. World of Wheels is the 2-4th. Haven't gone in a few years. IDK if I will this time or not. Several youtubers camp at the NASCAR race in KC in May. Maybe I should go hang out with them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCOU-eyX4PU&t=5s
    Last edited by stu yoakam; January 24, 2024, 04:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X